Infinity Ward is back at the helm for the Call of Duty series this year, with Modern Warfare taking its place as the latest, and also one of the grittiest entries in the series to date. Of course, the game still features tons of fun multiplayer goodness that lets you enjoy it with your friends and other people. Here’s how to play co-op multiplayer in Modern Warfare.
How to Play Co-op Multiplayer in Modern Warfare
As always, Modern Warfare features a few different ways you can play the game with your friends. The first is through splitscreen co-op, which allows you and a friend to play together on the same console with two controllers.
When you boot up the game, select the Co-op option, and you’ll see a list of various game modes you can play together. Do note that you’ll need to connect another controller to the console to allow your second player to join in on the session.
You can choose from the following options:
- Public Match: Team up and complete Co-Op missions.
- Survival: Classic Survival.
- Classic Special Ops: A replayable, curated experience where your proficiency with specific weapons, killstreaks, and other tools will be tested.
You can also opt to play a private match with custom rulesets.
If you choose the Multiplayer option from the main menu, you can also play the traditional MP modes in splitscreen mode with a friend by connecting a second controller.
Alternatively, you can also enjoy Modern Warfare’s multiplayer features online.
From the main menu, select the Multiplayer option, then hit the triangle button (or Y button if you’re on Xbox One) to bring up your social menu.
From here, you can select someone from your friends list to either join in on their session, or invite them to your own. You’ll be put into a party together, and you can start playing from there.
Time needed: 1 minute.
To sum up, here’s how to play co-op multiplayer in Modern Warfare:
- From the main menu, choose the Co-op option to play a variety of special co-op multiplayer modes.
You’ll need to connect a second controller to play locally.
- From the main menu, choose the Multiplayer option to play the traditional MP modes.
- Bring up the social menu with triangle/Y, and you can join a friend’s session or invite them to yours.
That’s all you need to know about how to play co-op multiplayer in Modern Warfare. Be sure to check our Modern Warfare guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
Here are a few other guides to help get you started: