Destiny 2 Shadowkeep is the latest expansion for the Destiny universe. It brings along a ton of new and exciting pieces of gear to obtain. Here’s how to get the Xenophage exotic machine gun.
How to Get the Xenophage Exotic Machine Gun
Some exotic weapons in Destiny require completing a questline. These are usually some of the most intense and rewarding parts of Destiny 2.
The Xenophage exotic machine gun is received through an exotic quest line that was released for Shadowkeep owners on Oct. 29.
Time needed: 2 hours.
How to Get Xenophage in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
- Go through the portal on the Moon where Eris and Ikora were.
- Go to the Anchor of Light to pick up a relic, and you’ll then have to interact with six plates within a time limit.
- Clear all Lost Sectors on the Moon.
At the end of each Lost Sector, there will be a Hive puzzle in the form of a 3×3 grid on the wall. Shoot the tiles to move the grid around, and get the grid to match the pattern you see with the symbol above it.
- Head into the new Dungeon and complete the first encounter.
- At the wall of doors, look for the third level and keep an eye out for some Hive writing on the ground. Head into that door to interact with a Hive symbol.
- In the second encounter, head to the cliff with the big skeleton beneath you. Drop down to the ledge below and interact with the Hive writing there.
- Jump on the platforms that appear and collect a relic.
- Take the relic back to the start and interact with the plate next to the wall to open a door.
- Go through the door to find the final boss, where you’ll get one out of four possible statuses.
These statuses can be Solar, Kinetic, Arc, or Void.
- Look around the room and check the symbols that represent each element. Go into the appropriate room with the relic.
- Put the relic in the appropriate room and you’ll get a buff that lets you damage the boss.
- Return to Eris to claim the Xenophage.
For a more visual guide, YouTuber xHOUNDISHx has uploaded a video showing off the above steps as well. You can check it out down below:
Information, Perks, & More
The exotic perk for Xenophage can be found below.
- Pyrotoxin Rounds: Slow firing, high-powered rounds.
The Xenopahge machine gun is equipped in your power weapon slot and uses power weapon ammo. It only has thirteen bullets in its magazine but each one packs a major punch.
If you’re thinking about jumping into Destiny for the first time you can try the free-to-play version called Destiny New Light.