Capcom is releasing the Guardian Armor Set for all Monster Hunter World players, even if you’ve yet to purchase the Iceborne expansion. It’s meant to help players get through the main story of the base game, and if you’re wondering how to get the Guardian Armor Set, here’s what you need to do.
How to Get the Guardian Armor Set in Monster Hunter World
Getting to the end of the base game in Monster Hunter World can be quite the journey, especially if you’re trying to wrap things up so that you can jump right into Iceborne.
Luckily, the Guardian Armor Set will really help you out and you can get it right now.
The high-rank armor features skills that boost your maximum health, increase healing effects, and reduce damage, which are sure to keep you from carting as you hunt your way through the story.
Here are more specifics on the active skills if you’re interested:
- Recovery Up, Lv. 3: Increases the amount of healing effects by 30%.
- Marathon Runner, Lv. 3: Slows down stamina depletion for actions which continuously drain stamina (such as dashing) by 50%.
- Health Boost, Lv. 3: Increases maximum player health by 50.
- Divine Blessing, Lv. 3: Gives you a chance to decrease damage taken by 50%.
And here’s how to actually get the Armor Set in-game:
- For Players Creating New Characters
1. Start a new game and continue until you reach the “Create Your Hunter” character creation screen.
2. At the character creation screen, open the “Default Armor” option and select “Guardian α+”.
- For Players with Existing Characters
1. Make sure you have progressed far enough in the game to have your first assignment in Astera.
2. Go to your room and talk to the Housekeeper.
3. Select “Claim Add-On & Bonuses”, then “Armor Set: Guardian”.
4. When prompted, select “Yes” to retrieve the content.
And that is all you need to know about how to get the Guardian Armor Set in Monster Hunter World. For more on the game and the new Iceborne expansion, you can read our fully scored review right here and our extensive Wiki Guide.