Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is an extreme crossover game between a ton of Marvel properties. It allows you to make dream team combinations of heroes and take on the evil villains of the Marvel universe. Here is how to unlock costumes in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, as well as how to change outfits.
With such an extensive roster of characters to choose from it can be tricky to figure out which heroes you want to be, and after that, it’s probably even harder to figure out which costume you want your hero to don.
How to Unlock Costumes in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
In order to unlock additional costumes for your heroes, you will have to partake in the Infinity Trials, which can be accessed from the main menu or the Shield menu during a story chapter.
After selecting the Infinity Trials, you will see character portraits, click on the one you are interested in and complete the trial to unlock a costume for that hero.
Each trial has a ranking system of up to three stars; for each extra star you obtain in a trial, it will grant you another costume for your heroes. Get three stars on every trial to really rake in those alternative outfits. We’ve listed all unlockable costumes we’ve found in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, including which trial you need to complete to unlock them down below.
- Black Widow – Get 16 stars in the first Infinity Rift, Gamma
- Captain Marvel – Get 32 stars in the first Infinity Rift, Gamma
- Elektra – Get 48 stars in the first Infinity Rift, Gamma
- Spider-Man – Beat the Spider-Hand trial in Gamma
- Captain America – Beat the Tower Defense trial in Gamma
- Ms. Marvel – Get 17 stars in the second Infinity Rift, Psi
- Spider-Gwen – Get 34 stars in the second Infinity Rift, Psi
- Iron Man – Get 51 stars in the second Infinity Rift, Psi
- Luke Cage – Beat the Cellblock Smackdown trial in Psi
- Gamora – Beat the Sibling Rivalry trial in Psi
- Hawkeye – Get 17 stars in the third Infinity Rift, Sigma
- Nightcrawler – Get 34 stars in the third Infinity Rift, Sigma
- Loki – Get 51 stars in the third Infinity Rift, Sigma
- Black Panther – Beat the Panther’s Plight trial in Sigma
- Wolverine – Beat the Scrap Metal trial in Sigma
- Dr. Strange – Beat the Dark Magic trial in Sigma
- Elsa Bloodstone – Get 25 stars in the fourth Infinity Rift, Lambda
- Miles Morales – Get 50 stars in the fourth Infinity Rift, Lambda
- Thanos – Get 75 stars in the fourth Infinity Rift, Lambda
- Magneto – Beat the Magnetic Melee trial in Lambda
- Deadpool – Beat the Unstoppable! Trial in Lambda
- Falcon – Beat the Falcon’s Fury trial in Lambda
- Star Lord – Beat the Alien Attack trial in Lambda
How to Change Costumes & Outfits in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
To change costumes you’ll need to click on the Team menu, which can be found in either the main menu or the shield menu during a chapter. From there, select which hero you are looking to change and click the X button.
Now you can cycle through whichever costumes you have unlocked and find the one you like the best or fits your team’s style.
Well, that’s everything you need to know about how to unlock costumes and change outfits in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. For more tips, tricks, and guides be sure to check out our Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Wiki.
You can also find some other helpful guides below.
- How to Change Characters
- How to Level Up Fast
- How to Play Splitscreen & Online Co-Op Multiplayer
- How to Upgrade ISO-8s