What the Pestilence Corpse Puzzle Solution is in Thronebreaker
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales has some infuriatingly hard puzzles to beat. Beating them often rewards with some decent loot or card fragments, though, so they’re definitely worth the effort. Here’s the Pestilence Corpse Puzzle solution in Thronebreaker.
The Pestilence Corpse removal puzzle is one you’ll come across in Act 2 of the game. It’s tough, for sure, and it’s made harder by the fact that the RNG can often screw you over, and you’ve got absolutely no control over that. The following solution is how you beat the puzzle, but you might find yourself have to do it a few times until the RNG Gods smile on you.
The Corpse puzzle charges you with removing all Corpse on the board using only your Arbalist cards and Meve’s leadership ability. You’ll have noted that the Deathwish of a Corpse card is to damage adjacent cards by 3. That’s very important.
Indeed, the key to this puzzle is taking aim (with your Arbalists) at the right Corpse first, and them timing Meve’s leader ability at the right moment. Here’s the order you’ll want to follow:
- Deploy Arbalist to melee row, target the third Corpse to its left (same row)
- Deploy second Arbalist to melee row, target the fourth Corpse to its left (same row, value will still be on 6). This will clear the melee row.
- Use Meve’s leader ability on wounded Arbalist card (value 1)
- Deploy third Arbalist to ranged row, target third Corpse to its left (same row)
- Deploy fourth Arbalist to ranged row, target the fourth Corpse to its left (same row, value will still be on 6). This will clear the ranged row.
- Deploy fifth Arbalist to right side of melee row, target Corpse on melee row directly above (value 6)
- Use Meve’s leader ability on middle Arbalist on melee row (value 7). This will trigger several random shots from Arbalists and boost card.
- Deploy sixth Arbalist to melee row and target central Corpse on melee row (value 4). This will clear enemy melee row.
- Deploy seventh Arbalist to melee row and target Corpse three from the left on ranged row (value 6)
- Deploy eighth and final Arbalist to melee row and target Corpse fourth from the right on ranged row (value 6)
- Use Meve’s leadership ability on wounded Arbalist on left side of melee row (value 5). This will clear enemy ranged row.
There you have it. As we said earlier, though, sometimes RNG will randomly hit a different card and throw these steps out of kilter. Just keep trying if that happens.
That’s all you need to know about the Pestilence Corpse puzzle in Thronebreaker. For more useful guides on the game, search Twinfinite.