Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters, Bandai Namco revealed in the latest issue of V-Jump.
A translation reported by Ryokuta2089 explains that Beerus’ ultimate ability or Meteor Attack is called “God of Destruction’s Judgment,” which appears to be a grab move that transitions into a forehead attack. Beerus can also use a technique called “Sphere of Destruction,” a ball of energy that explodes when connecting with an opponent.
Dragon Ball Super’s infamous assassin Hit makes his debut with a special move called “I Continue to Grow,” stops time and allows him to make successive attacks. Hit also has additional moves that utilize his Time Skip ability.
Finally, Goku Black, shown in his Super Saiyan Rose form, has an ability called “Work of the Gods,” which begins with a hand blade attack that is followed by a clone attack. Goku Black can also bring out Zamasu to perform a binding move.
Along with the roster additions, two new gameplay mechanics were unveiled. One involves meeting conditions to use the actual Dragon Balls during a match, while the other incorporates iconic scenes from the anime. You can see the details below:
- “Come forth, Shenron!” – Shenron is summoned during battle. After a certain number of combos are completed, the seven Dragon Balls will gather, and Shenron will appear. You and your opponent share the amount gathered. The player who fulfills the conditions will have their wish granted. You can choose from four wishes: full HP recovery, teammate revival, addition of one sparking icon, or constantly recovering HP.
- “Dramatic Production” – When specific conditions are met, famous scenes from the anime are shown before and after the battle.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is set to release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 26, 2018.
- Titan Quest Headed to Consoles in 2018
- Grim Fandango Remastered Free on GOG Alongside Winter Sale
- A Yoda-Like Character Was Almost the Villain of Knights of the Old Republic
This post was originally written by Vincent Yeung.