Baseball is pretty important to Fallout 4. The Boston setting creates numerous opportunities for the developers to throw in a ton of references to America’s greatest pastime:
- Diamond City, one of the key locations in the game, is a repurposed Fenway Park, whose citizens completely misunderstand the sport, and re-imagine it as a bloody free-for-all.
- The quest Out in Left Field requires you to collect rare, signed baseball artifacts and bring them back to one of Diamond City’s Vendors.
- There’s a Trophy/Achievement called “Homerun!” that rewards you for running the bases in Diamond City.
- Numerous baseballs, uniforms, and bats can be found all across the Commonwealth, items that can be made into grenades, worn as armor, and used as weapons, respectively.
So there’s key locations, quests, weapons, and trophies that directly reference baseball, all very awesome.
BUT IS IT BASEBALL BATTING A DEATHCLAW INTO AN EXPLODING VERTIBIRD AWESOME?
Clearly, this gamer plays Ness in Smash.
What incredible and unique feats have you achieved in Fallout 4? What’s your melee weapon of choice? How many deathclaws have you killed – or how many have killed you? Let us know in the comments below!
- Here’s What 20,000 Cars Rendered All Together Looks Like
- Her Story Creator Talks About the Difficulty of a Possible Wii U Version
- Lightning Is Hilariously Done With Everything in Louis Vuitton Ads
This post was originally written by Anthony Galleran.