Today third-party developers released plenty of new assets related to upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and released a new airport.
“Here’s our very first Development Update covering the 757 200/300 since the initial announcement a while back.
It’s been almost two months since that initial announcement about this exciting project so we thought it was about time we provided an update. We’ve been steadily progressing on the model/systems and flight dynamics. The VC has gone through some extensive improvements since our last update with sharper textures and more detailed parts now included.
The exterior model is around 50-60% complete including textures. Systems and flight dynamics are progressing nicely but it’ll be several months before we can give more details on those aspects of the project.
Our aim is to provide updates for you on a regular basis, around every 4 to 6 weeks hopefully. In the meantime here are a set of Work In Progress screenshots for you to enjoy. Click on each shot to enlarge and view as a gallery.”
We also get some bullet points describing the project in detail.
- Two variants of the 757 will be completed on initial release:
- 757-200 passenger version with RR ( E4 variant) and PW engines
- 757-300 with RR ( E4 variant) and PW engines
- Accurately modelled using hundreds of photos, drawings and manuals
- Realistic animations including passenger, service and cargo doors, control surfaces and mechanisms
- 4k PBR textures are utilized along with decals to bring out the smallest of details
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft
- Realistic wing-flex
- Custom ground equipment (GPU, cones and chocks)
- Captain, Co-Pilot and jump-seat positions modelled with many switches, knobs and levers animated and functional
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads
Realistic VNAV and FMC that can be linked to the MSFS flight plan
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead and centre pedestal
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Realistic dimmable lighting with over a dozen dimmer switches throughout
- Custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, engine bleed, fuel and pressurisation systems
- Multiple liveries will be included in the initial release covering all regions around the world
- Realistic flight dynamics for each variant designed by current airline pilot based on real world performance and handling data, aircraft manuals, and input from 757 pilots/crew
- MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new capabilities
Aerosoft also released a trailer for its much-anticipated (and long-awaited) Brussels Airport (EBBR) in Belgium.
We also get an announcement from Fly High, that will release Southwest Florida International Airport (KRSW) in the United States “soon.”
It’s the third-largest airport in the United States for land size and the second-busiest single-runway airport, making it another welcome addition to the simulator’s scenery.
Update: The airport has already been released, and can be purchased on SimMarket for $19.49 plus applicable VAT.
- Highly realistic rendition of Southwest Florida International Airport based on most recent data
- Fully custom modelling and texturing using 2K PBR
- Realistic interior of the main terminal, control tower building
- Many clutter objects and small details to bring the airport to life
- Custom ground layout including accurate markings
- Custom jetway
- Smart features like:
- Animated flag
Last, but not least, MM Simulations released Tromsø Airport, Langnes (ENTC) in Norway.
It can be purchased on SimMarket for $20.64 plus applicable VAT.
- Accurately modeled surroundings
- Updated CGL Data
- Ral World based terraforming profile
- PBR Materials
- Ambient animated objects
- Custom Interior Modeling
- New Terminal Extention (Based on real-world project renders)