Ballistic in Apex Legends: Leaked Legend & Abilities
Apex Legends could soon be going Ballistic.
Across Apex Legends’ lifespan, we’ve seen multiple Legends leaked and rumored, only to never surface in the game in the way that was initially expected. Recently, the rumor mill has spat out another Legend in the form of Ballistic. But who is he, what are his leaked abilities and when might we see him in Apex Legends? Let’s dive in.
Who is Ballistic in Apex Legends?
In short, Ballistic is a leaked Legend who could be the Season 17 Legend.
Details emerged late in 2022 when he was leaked as an ‘Apex Arms Dealer’, with abilities revolving around a personal weapon arsenal and firepower.
We did also get an alleged first look at Ballistic, with the character model revealing an elderly man whose experience and guile could slot right into the Apex Games.
More leaked images, which surfaced on Reddit in late February 2023, corroborated the original leaks and showed a near-identical character model – albeit one with slightly more stylish outfits.
Ballistic leaked abilities
As you’d expect based on the ‘Arms Dealer’ moniker, Ballistic’s leaked abilities center on weapons and his personal arsenal. A leaked image claimed to reveal all of his abilities, which are as follows:
- Passive Ability – Weapon Sling. A sling where you can store a third weapon. Access via inventory. The sling weapon cannot take attachments.
- Tactical Ability – Smart Bullet. Shoots a projectile that debuffs the enemy. Enemies’ guns will start [to] heat up as they shoot. Overheating will cause a reaction and deal damage. Holding the Tactical will allow it to lock on to a target.
- Ultimate Ability – Weapon Enhancer. When activated nearby, teammates get a buff applied. It gives faster reloads, unarmed move speed, and Infinite Ammo. Ballistic’s sling weapon will be equipped and upgraded to gold.
Despite the leaked image looking fairly reliable, players should keep in mind that they’re far from guaranteed at this point. Developers can change things at any point and there’s no certainty that Ballistic’s leaked abilities are not out of date or inaccurate. We only expect to hear officially confirmed abilities ahead of his launch.
Do we know when Ballistic will release?
Again, we don’t have a confirmed release date for Ballistic. In fact, there’s not even a guarantee that he’ll be added at any point. We’ve had multiple leaked Legends – like Jester – that have been discovered a while ago and failed to surface in-game.
Having said that, some leakers like ThordanSmash have pointed to a Season 17 release for Ballistic. Season 16’s mid-season update also contained multiple mentions of Ballistic in game files, adding weight to the rumors that he’s set for a release with Season 17.
Respawn has confirmed that Season 17 will return to the established formula of dropping a new Legend with the seasonal update, with Season 16 skipping a new character for the first time.
Barring any delays, we expect Season 17 to drop in May of 2023. So even if Ballistic isn’t on the proverbial cards, we should find out who is.
- Apex Legends Leaks Reveal Caustic Prestige Skin, Horizon Heirloom, & New Event Skins
- Every Legend Pick Rate in Apex Legends Season 16: Most Popular Legends
- Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event: Start Date, Rewards, Ash Heirloom & More
- When is Apex Legends Season 17? Leaks, Content & Season 16 Revelry End Date
- How to Fix Apex Legends Error Code 110