Today third-party developers had several relevant releases to share of add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulators.
We start with Aeroplane Heaven, which delivered the Globe Swift GC-1A aircraft.
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built over contemporary detailed plans and drawings
- Authentic cockpit detail includes many bespoke animations and effects.
- Full PBR materials and textures include realistic “pillowing” of metal surfaces.
- Separately modelled military pilots selected automatically via camera views in cockpit.
- Removable pilots via the options board
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance based on real flight tests.
- Specially authored WWise Hi-Fidelity sound package.
- Unique code to “iron” out poor simulator tail-dragger performance.
- Engine volume knob that goes up to “11”!
Moving on to airports, we get the launch Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport (LFLL) by Digital Design.
It’s currently available on Simmarket for $20.62 plus applicable VAT.
- Highly detailed airport objects including interior terminals.
- Using 4K High Resolution textures
- Animated airport vehicles, cars, buses.
- Custom airport vehicles
- Animated people in terminals
Next is Boise Airport (KBOI) in the United States by Verticalsim.
It’s currently available on the developer’s own store for $16.49.
- Animated & static passengers with full-scale partial interior
- Custom Jetways
- LOD optimization
- 2022 Layout (Per Navigraph charts)
- HD texturing with full-scale PBR mapping
- Custom ground polygons with accurate markings & materials
- Proper AI routing, vehicle pathing, and ATC network
- Correct taxiway signage, guard lights
- HDR Night lighting
- Surrounding areas included (Denny’s, Rodeway Inn, Kopper Kitchen, Motel 6, etc.)
Lastly, IniBuilds released LAPD Hooper Heliport (58CA) in Los Angeles, United States.
It’s available on the developer’s own store for $5.96.
- Highly detailed representation of Hooper Heliport, complete with 2 helipads (runway starts). 16 parking places (spawn points), detailed clutter, active windsocks/flags etc.
- Cesar Chavez and San Bernadino Fwy Bridges (fly under and landable)
- Metro HQ building with helipad
- Recreation of the adjacent railyard and train carriages
- Union Station modelled
- Obstacles around the Heliport modelled
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our brand new interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann about the 40th Anniversary Edition, the world update, and more.
If you’re curious about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Beijing Capital International Airport, Anchorage International Airport, Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow.
We also recently published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is a great controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.