Developer CD Project Red has today launched its latest in a long line of updates designed to improve the performance of Cyberpunk 2077. Hotfix 1.21 is now live on consoles, PC, and Stadia, bolstering the game’s stability and fixing a number of bugs that have blocked quest progress for some players.
The latter is certainly the most extensive according to the patch notes, with quests including Getting Warmer (Gig), Discount Doc (Cyberpsycho Sighting), Down on the Street (main quest), Bloody Ritual (Cyberpsycho Sighting), Play it Safe, and many more updated with new fixes that prevent any issues rendering them incompletable for those who had previously experienced issues.
For the full overview, I recommend reading the patch notes as the details are too extensive to list here. I have, however, pasted the general gameplay, UI, and stability improvements below.
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
- Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
- Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes
Today’s Hotfix 1.21 follows on from Patch 1.2, which made several major changes that Twinfinite has noted in a recent feature. Check it out here for the key takeaways worth hearing.