The 1.2.1 title update is out today for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on all platforms with new skills, quality of life improvements, and a long list of fixes.
The update added three new skills that lets Eivor shrug off enemies’ interrupting attacks while performing certain moves. Cold Rage ignores “hit interruptions while performing successive regular melee attacks, while Eye of the North “prevents flinching from hits while aiming with your bow.” The Intense Rage skill ignores “hit interruptions while performing your next off-hand parry or special attack.” All three abilities will recharge after a few seconds.
The other big feature in the update is a menu option that lets players turn off the cinematic camera for cinematic finishers. This would be especially handy if players would rather not see one of the same killing animations over and over again while in the midst of battle.
The update also has fixes such as allowing Bayek’s and Altair’s outfit appearances for other armor by transmog, and “animals will remain on camera once dialogue has begun.” It also included support for the Wrath of the Druids expansion, which was initially scheduled April 29 but was delayed to May 13.
The Assassins’ Creed Valhalla update is out today on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Ubisoft Connect, Epic Games Store, Stadia, and Amazon Luna.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ostara Update Revealed; Wrath of the Druids Expansion Gets a Release Date
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update Adds Transmog and More Cats
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s River Raid Update Showcased in New Trailer
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to Get River Raids, New Abilities & More In Tomorrow’s Big Update
- Ubisoft Promises More Post-Launch Content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla; Teases Surprises for FY 2022