After a bit of a delay, the Nintendo Switch version of Apex Legends is finally here. This may be the first time that some of you are even paying any attention to the game. If you’re looking for a few pointers, we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 tips and tricks for beginners in Apex Legends.
These are some of the basics that you should keep in mind as a newcomer. They’re pretty straightforward tips, but vital ones nonetheless.
Use the Ping System
Apex Legends Tips for Beginners
The ping system in Apex Legends is a godsend for people who don’t/can’t always verbally communicate with their teammates. It allows players to provide crucial information in a precise manner with the press of a button.
You can ping items, locations, or general directions by pressing R1 on PlayStation, LB on Xbox, clicking the mouse wheel on PC, or R on the Switch.
Double-tapping the button will alert teammates of an enemy in the direction you’re facing, while holding it down will bring up an entire wheel of ping options.
It’s essential for beginners to get used to this ping system in Apex Legends, as it can save a lot of time as well as many lives.
- Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event Adds Rampart Takeover & Heirloom
- Second Season 10 Arenas Flash Event Has Started in Apex Legends
- What’s New In Apex Legends Season 10? Everything You Need to Know
- Apex Legends Season 10 Arenas Flash Event Begins
- Apex Legends’ New Seer Legend Is “A Bit Too Strong,” Will Be Nerfed Soon