After a bit of a delay, the Nintendo Switch version of Apex Legends is finally here. This may be the first time that some of you are even paying any attention to the game. If you’re looking for a few pointers, we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 tips and tricks for beginners in Apex Legends.
These are some of the basics that you should keep in mind as a newcomer. They’re pretty straightforward tips, but vital ones nonetheless.
Use the Ping System
Apex Legends Tips for Beginners
The ping system in Apex Legends is a godsend for people who don’t/can’t always verbally communicate with their teammates. It allows players to provide crucial information in a precise manner with the press of a button.
You can ping items, locations, or general directions by pressing R1 on PlayStation, LB on Xbox, clicking the mouse wheel on PC, or R on the Switch.
Double-tapping the button will alert teammates of an enemy in the direction you’re facing, while holding it down will bring up an entire wheel of ping options.
It’s essential for beginners to get used to this ping system in Apex Legends, as it can save a lot of time as well as many lives.
- Are You An Apex Predator? Prove It With This Apex Legends Trivia Quiz
- What’s New in Apex Legends Season 9? Everything You Need to Know
- Apex Legends Legacy Battle Pass Adds Stylish Skins for Wraith & Rampart
- Apex Legends Legacy Trailer Shows Off Valkyrie’s High-Flying Abilities
- Apex Legends Player Comes Up With Perfect Alternate Passive Ability for Crypto