Rocket League studio Psyonix and Ford Motor Company are collaborating to bring one of the automaker’s flagship cars into the game alongside sponsored esports events.
Players will be able to buy the Ford F-150 RLE (Rocket League Edition) bundle from the in-game shop starting Saturday, Feb. 20 until Sunday, Feb. 28 for 1,500 Credits (about $15).
The bundle includes the Ford F-150 RLE car, standard and Special Edition Ford F-150 RLE Wheels, Ford F-150 RLE Boost, Ford F-150 RLE Engine Audio, Ford F-150 Player Banner, and Chairman Decal. The cosmetic items can only be equipped to the Ford F-150 RLE, while other licensed IP cosmetic items cannot be equipped to the car.
Ford will also be sponsoring for all upcoming RLCS X Winter Majors, including the South American Regional Major on Feb. 13-14, and creating their own Ford + Rocket League Freestyle Invitational event.
The event will feature “eight of the best Rocket League freestylers” to compete for a real 2021 Ford F-150. The event will take place on Feb. 24 and Feb. 28 ahead of the North American Major Grand Finals and can be watched on Twitch.
- Rocket League Adds Formula 1 Fan Pack on May 20
- Rocket League and NASCAR Start Multi-Year Collaboration With Car Pack This Week
- Rocket League Is Getting a Free Mobile Game Called Sideswipe
- Rocket League Is Adding a New Game Mode To Celebrate Super Bowl LV
- Rocket League and X Games Partner For Event and New Items