Just as in other shared world games like The Division and Destiny, Marvel’s Avengers puts a big focus on progression via loot. You’ll constantly be finding and upgrading different gear to boost the power of your heroes, which requires the use of different resources found throughout the game. But you can also harvest resources from old gear, too. Here’s how to dismantle gear in Avengers Game.
How to Dismantle Gear in Avengers Game
Dismantling gear in Marvel’s Avengers is a handy way to harvest resources from older gear you’ve no longer any use for. For those struggling to find those extra few Nanites, Nanotubes, Catalysts, or Plasma then dismantling is a convenient solution.
To do so, press the touchpad (PS4) /options (Xbox One) button to access the ‘Gear’ screen, then hover your cursor over one of the four types of gear you have equipped to see all gear you have for that section.
For example, hover over Bands to see all Bands, or hover over Ranged to see all Ranged gear, etc. Select the piece of gear you no longer want and press and hold Triangle (PS4) /Y (Xbox One) to dismantle.
This will give you one of the many different resource materials in the game, though in our experience, precisely which ones you get is totally random. We’ve dismantled the same items twice and got different resources.
You should also see some related content below that might prove to be helpful. Always feel free to reach out in the comment section if you can’t find an answer to a specific question not featured on the website.
- Marvel’s Avengers Gets New Cosmic Cube & Black Panther – War for Wakanda Trailers
- Marvel’s Avengers Shows Off Red Room Takeover in Trailer
- PS Now Adds Marvel’s Avengers, Borderlands 3, & The Long Dark in April
- Marvel’s Avengers Gets New Videos Detailing Hawkeye DLC, Revealing Black Panther as Next DLC Hero
- You’ll Be Able to Replay the Marvel’s Avengers Campaign With Patch 1.5