If you need a light source that you can turn on and off in Minecraft, then the Redstone Lamp is a perfect option. Not only can it be switched on and off, it’s also made of fairly common materials that shouldn’t be all too difficult to find. In this guide, we’ll quickly run you through how to make a Redstone Lamp in Minecraft.
How to Craft a Redstone Lamp in Minecraft
You’ll need the following materials to make a Redstone Lamp:
- Redstone Dust x4
- Glowstone x1
Redstone Dust can easily be obtained by mining. Whenever you see the telltale red glint in a block when mining, hack away at it with your pickaxe and you’ll add it to your inventory.
Glowstone is a tiny bit trickier as it requires you to travel to the Nether. This means you’ll need to build a Nether Portal out of 10 Obsidian. Glowstone is a dark brown block with pale brown bits dotted throughout it. It’s incredibly common in the Nether, particularly following the Nether Update, so you shouldn’t have too many issues finding it once you’re there.
Once you’ve got these, it’s simply a case of opening up your 3×3 Crafting Grid, and placing the Glowstone right in the center block. Next, place one Redstone Dust in the boxes directly above, below, and either side of the Glowstone. You should now only have the corner boxes of your crafting grid empty, as shown in the image below.
And now you have all the information you need to bring light to your Minecraft world with a Redstone lamp. For more tips, tricks, and guides on the blocky builder, be sure to check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Minecraft Reveals “The Wild Update” Coming in 2022; Will Add Mangroves, Frogs, & Much More
- Minecraft Dungeons Reveals Seasonal Adventurers & The Tower
- Minecraft Will Join Xbox Game Pass for PC With Both Bedrock & Java Editions; Caves & Cliffs Part II Coming in 1-2 Months
- Minecraft Reveals The Copper Golem, a Possible New Mob
- Minecraft Reveals Possible New Super-Cute Mobs, The Allay & The Glare