During the Future Games Show livestream presentation today hosted by GamesRadar, Awe Interactive showed off some explosive new gameplay for BPM: Bullets Per Minute.
This rhythmic, first-person shooter looks a lot like id Software’s Doom franchise, but there are some mechanics here that truly makes this title something unique and fresh.
Instead of being a traditional FPS, Bullets Per Minute has randomly generated dungeons and each of your runs will be different from the last thanks to different weapons and ability that you can obtain.
You can check out the new trailer below to get a feel for how it plays, but if you’re someone who loves rhythm games and fast-paced shooters, this might need to be on your radar:
Here are some of the features from the game’s Steam listing:
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 5 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilize abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 40 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute is set to launch for PC on Sep 15 and it’s also coming to consoles sometime in 2021. No specific platforms have been announced just yet.
For more announcements from the Future Games Show, here’s a new trailer for Quantum Error, a cosmic horror title for PS4 and PS5.
- Project Magnum Is a New Sci-Fi Looter-Shooter Coming to PS5, PS4 & PC
- 3v3v3 Shooter Nine To Five Is Available Now in Early Access on Steam
- ‘Nine To Five’ Tactical Shooter Gets a New Gameplay Teaser During ONL Pre Show
- IllFonic Co-Op Shooter Arcadegeddon Now in Early Access for PS5 & PC
- Wartime Shooter Hell Let Loose Leaving Early Access in July