Even though it is technically a beat’em up, Battletoads features a variety of different types of gameplay mechanics. From platforming to puzzles to even fixing computers, there is a lot you’ll need to know aside from just beating people up. Some areas even require you to move from the foreground to the background. Here is everything you need to know about how to move across the background in Battletoads.
In some areas of the brawling portion of Battletoads, you’ll notice that you can’t move forward anymore. These sections require you to move across the background of the screen in order to advance.
How to Move Across the Background in Battletoads
Whenever you move from the background to the foreground, and vice versa, there will always be rings that the toads can hook their tongues onto.
To interact with the rings when they pop up in the environment, hold down the left trigger to start aiming. If you’re moving to the background, move the left thumbstick forward; the background requires you to move the sticks backward.
Once you’ve aimed accordingly, press B. Your toad will latch on to the ring and move you across the gap. This method also works when you’re in combat and are trying to avoid environmental hazards.
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Move Across the Background in Battletoads:
- Some sections won’t let you go forward, so you’ll need to go to the background.
- When the rings appear, aim with the LT.
- Press forward on the left thumbstick when moving to the background and backward for the foreground.
- Press B to execute the movement and swing across.
That is everything you need to know about how to move across the background in Battletoads. If you’re still looking for help, we’ve got plenty of other useful tips, tricks, and FAQs about the game here at Twinfinite. Just search or check out the coverage below.
- Battletoads: Tips & Tricks for Beginners
- Battletoads: How to Take an Enemy’s Photo in Warning Distance (Photobombed Achievement)
- Battletoads: How to Prop up Jercurian Tourism Industry (Mementoads Achievement)
- Battletoads: How to Beat the Guardian
- Battletoads: How to Enter DLALA Code (The DLALA Code Achievement)