Update: Sony has confirmed that Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be a standalone title for PS5 and not an expansion of the original 2018 title.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales was the first game to be revealed during Sony’s PS5 reveal event last night. The trailer left most thinking that the title was a brand-new standalone experience, acting as a sequel to 2018’s Marvel’s Spider-Man, but it’s actually an “expansion” to the first game.
Besides that disappointing realization, the trailer for the game was very exciting, showing off Miles Morales in his iconic spidey suit, swinging around, and being a total badass.
I can also honestly say that the music in the trailer was done super well, but you know what could make it even better? Replacing that track with What’s Up Danger.
Someone called TheDude2187 on Reddit put the track over the trailer and it immediately gives you Spider-Verse feels once again.
For those that have not heard What’s Up Danger, it’s the opening track to the forever-excellent Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse album, featuring Blackway and Black Caviar. It plays during the animated film at a very pivotal moment, which some would call the high point of Miles’ journey to becoming Spider-Man.
If you’re not afraid of spoilers, you can watch the scene from the film right here, with the song playing in the background:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales will launch for PS5 this holiday season. A release date has not been confirmed just yet but there’s a very high chance that it’ll be a launch title for the PS5.
- Marvel’s Avengers Holiday Update Includes First Raid, Power Level Increases, Spider-Man, & More
- Ant-Man & Spider-Man Play Ping-Pong in This Hilarious Stop Motion Animation
- New Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer Dives Deeper into the Multiverse & Brings Back Familiar Faces
- PlayStation Exclusive Spider-Man For Marvel’s Avengers Finally Revealed
- Marvel’s Avengers Spider-Man DLC Finally Gets Roadmap Release Date