Today, during the Guerrilla Collective show, publisher Raw Fury had one new game announcement and two new trailers to share.
First of all, we get the announcement of Wolfstride, an anime-inspired turn-based RPG by São Paulo-based Ota Imon. It’ll come to PC via Steam in 2021.
Another new trailer comes for Star Renegades, a tactical turn-based RPG with obvious anime undertones in development at Massive Damage and coming to PC via Steam, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch later in 2020.
You can check out the trailers for all three games presented during the show below.
Here are handy officially descriptions for each game.
An exiled ex-Yakuza, a rookie combat pilot, and a grizzled mechanic team up to compete in the Ultimate Mech Tournament. Use skills and weapons to defeat other mechs in turn-based tactical combat. Make your way to the top by managing repairs, upgrading weapons, and learning new moves. Get to know the locals in a world caught between the last gasps of a simpler time and the shimmering metal of a sprawling metropolis. Build relationships, get job offers, and make that money to fight another day.
Battle opponents in a classic turn-based combat system. Use Movement Points to outmaneuver opponents. Spend action points to deliver precision strikes and crushing blows. Hone your piloting abilities to dominate the battlefield.
Keep your mech in top fighting shape and improve its capabilities in the hanger. Get in there and manually fix battle scars between fights. Add and upgrade weapons and skills to match your fighting style. Budget carefully, upgrades cost money you must earn taking odd jobs around town.
Explore Rain city, one of the last remnants of the old world. Decide where to visit and when. Meet the residents, learn their relationships, and build friendships to get job offers. As a former Yakuza, you know all about doing dirty work, like washing cats.
Per Aspera is a planetary simulation experience that combines hard science fiction and base building. Take on the role of AMI and Artificial Consciousness with the prime directive of terraforming Mars for human colonization.
With the nearest help being 140 million miles away, what risks are you willing to take to achieve the mission?
Take the challenge of building a new civilization upon the blank canvas of Mars, based on geographical data from NASA.
- Balance a complex well of resources that a new society needs to thrive
- Build interconnected structures that span across the entire planet
- Experiment with various colonizing strategies as you transform humanity into a multi-planetary species!
Experience the actual conditions and challenges that a terraforming process involves as you implement studies and scientific theories proposed by real space agencies and engineers
- Help your colonists survive the brutal and unyielding conditions of Mars
- Undertake research to develop new technologies that will aid the colonization process and terraforming of mars
- Utilize scientifically accurate technology to create a thriving interplanetary operation
Human life must adapt to survive – and so must AMI. Experience an Artificial Consciousness grow with new experiences.
- Forge or test relationships based on your choices—choices that will impact how your mission concludes.
- Feel the impact of your choices through interactions with the colonists that look to you for survival
- Uncover the mystery of a threatening presence on Mars
Star Renegades is a strategy RPG about outsmarting AI-driven adversaries, forging friendships, and toppling galactic empires spanning over multiple generations.
Fusing a reactive, tactical turn-based battle system that emphasizes interrupts and counters, with a procedurally generated and emergent mission-based campaign and an Intelligent Adversary system with enemy officers that evolve and move up in the ranks, every playthrough is unique, challenging, and never the same.
- Outwit your foes with interrupts, counters, and combos in our fast-paced Reactive Time Battle System
- Survive the relentless onslaught of an Intelligent Adversary system that generates unique enemies and bosses that evolve as you play
- Unlock dozens of alternate characters as your surviving squad members form bonds and create progeny
- Battle your way into the heart of the Empire as our Rebellion Engine creates a unique experience with each playthrough via emergent gameplay and events, procedurally generated missions, shifting priorities, evolving enemies, and tons of equipment/upgrades for your squad