Chester’s the super chilled-out panda villager you can get in Animal Crossing, having first shown up in the Wii title, City Folk. With the release of New Horizons, you’re probably wondering how to get Chester to move in and start a new life on your island getaway. This Animal Crossing New Horizons Chester guide has everything you need to know on the cute cub.
How to Get Chester in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Just like all other villagers you can get in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you can get Chester to move to your island in the following ways:
- Scan Chester’s Amiibo Card – If you have Chester’s amiibo card, you’ll be able to scan this in at the terminal in the town hall. This will make Chester show up at your campsite.
- Have Him Randomly Show Up – If you’re happy to play the long game, Chester may randomly turn up on your island or at your campsite one day. Keep in mind there are over 300 villagers, though, so your chances of this happening are pretty slim.
- Visit Nook Miles Islands – Use Nook Miles Tickets to visit mystery islands. A random villager can sometimes be found on these islands, and Chester could be the one you bump into. Convince him to move and he’ll be all yours.
- Take Him from Another Player’s Island – You’ll have the chance to recruit Chester when visiting another player’s island. That’s only if he’s in his packing state (has lots of cardboard boxes in his house). You can then slide in and convince him to move to your island. Just make sure you don’t already have 10 villagers.
Chester’s birthday is August 6, making him a Leo. If you speak to Chester on his birthday, make sure you’ve got a present ready to give him.
Chester’s Personality Type
Chester may look cute, but he’s actually got the Lazy personality type. Lazy villagers are always male but will be very easygoing and relaxed in their island life.
For more tips, tricks and guides, be sure to check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons guide wiki. It’s packed with tips and tricks for everything from getting started on your island, to turning it into a five-star paradise. You can also search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Mosquito: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Drone Beetle: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Firefly: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Great White Shark: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Whale Shark: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price