Few franchises can claim to have created as many beloved characters as Star Wars can. From iconic, universally recognizable characters like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker to more obscure faces like IG-88 and Max Rebo, every character has their fans.
Why is it then, that the Star Wars franchise has so few character-specific video games when there are so many promising options to choose from?
We think it’s about time Star Wars expanded its horizons in the video gaming market, and we have some suggestions we’d like to pitch. Here are six Star Wars characters that deserve their own spinoff game.
The ever-popular bounty hunter Boba Fett has had a rough time of it in video games, with the starring role always eluding him in favor of other characters.
Even his dad, Jango Fett, managed to headline a game with 2002’s Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, but poor Boba’s planned game, Star Wars 1313, was given the axe during Disney’s acquisition of the series.
Given the outcry after 1313’s cancellation, you’d think a new Boba Fett game would be a no-brainer, but nothing has surfaced.
While the possibilities for a Boba Fett game are endless, a Hitman-style bounty hunting title sounds like a perfect fit.
Think about it: stalking your bounty through iconic Star Wars locales packed with all sorts of aliens while you decide which gadget is the best way to eliminate your target.
Sign us up.
- Modder Adds Mandalorian to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and It Looks Like an Official Skin
- Star Citizen Cinematic Trailer Feels Like Star Wars; Fans Trolled With Cheeky Hercules Tease
- Star Wars Squadrons Getting B-Wing and TIE Defender in Free Update
- Minecraft Star Wars DLC Adds Baby Yoda and The Mandalorian
- Star Wars Squadron Controls Guide