Modern Warfare‘s Season Three is well underway, giving players who play multiplayer or Warzone loads of new things to unlock. A new update that was released on April 28 adds new playlist content and camo options to the game. So that you can make your weapons stand out on the battlefield, here’s everything you need to know about how to get Obsidian Camo in Modern Warfare.
As is the case with all camo options in the game, you need to do specific things with the weapon you’d like to customize to unlock it before you can apply it. However, the Obsidian camo isn’t an easy one to get.
How to Get Obsidian Camo in Modern Warfare
Obsidian has been added the set of completionist camo options in the game. It unlocks on a by weapon basis, rather than for everything at once, and you don’t need to get the Damascus camo first.
To unlock it, you first need to unlock Gold camo, which asks you to unlock every camo for a weapon. Once you’ve done that, you’ll get access to the Obsidian camo challenges. They differ depending on the type of weapon you’re trying to unlock it for and, as revealed by Gaming Intel, they are:
- Assault Rifles: 15 kills in a match 200 times.
- Submachine Guns: 15 kills in a match 150 times.
- Light Machine Guns: 15 kills in a match 150 times.
- Shotguns: 15 kills in a match 150 times.
- Snipers & Marksman Rifles: 15 kills in a match 125 times.
- Pistols: 15 kills in a match 100 times.
- Shields: 750 kills.
- Knifes: 10 kills in a match 125 times.
- RPG: 5 kills in a match 150 times.
- Other Launchers: Destroy a vehicle or killstreak 100 times.
Once you’ve done that for the weapon you want the camo on, you’ll be able to head to your loadouts and add it from the customization tab.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Warzone Change Removes the Gulag
- Call of Duty Endowment Supports Veterans With “Fearless” DLC Pack for Modern Warfare
- New Modern Warfare Update Adds New Maps to Multiplayer & New Loot to Warzone
- Modern Warfare: How to Get Double Weapon XP Tokens
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Nerfs Powerful Revolver; Helicopters Return to Warzone