Super Mario RPG on the Super Nintendo back in the day was the first time that Mario and the gang were introduced to a turn-based combat system but another super popular platforming hero has never received the RPG treatment, officially that is.
Enter Jon Davies, an artist that’s worked on titles like Binding of Isaac and Cave Story. He uploaded a short snippet of what it would like if there was a turn-based Banjo-Kazooie game in the same style as Super Mario RPG.
No, this, unfortunately, isn’t an actual game or a work in progress for something much grander but it does give us a good look at what could have been a fantastic idea back in the day when turn-based JRPGs were a hot commodity.
I know that Banjo-Kazooie is owned by Microsoft now but who can we talk to to make this a reality? Phil Spencer, are you watching this? I got your big launch title for the Xbox Series X right here! Forget about Halo Infinite.
If you want even more Banjo-Kazooie-related goodness in your life, you need to see this Busta Rhymes mashup or you can check out this guide to learn how to master his moves in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Smash Bros Ultimate: How to Play Banjo Kazooie (Moves, Strengths,Weaknesses, Strategies)
- Smash Bros Ultimate: How to Download Banjo Kazooie
- Playtonic Confirms New Banjo-Kazooie Isn’t in the Studio’s Plans
- Smash Ultimate Gets Banjo-Kazooie Today, Terry From Fatal Fury as 4th DLC, and Even More Fighter DLC in the Future
- Not Making a New Banjo-Kazooie Game Right Now Would be a Missed Opportunity for Microsoft