Today the Game Developers Choice Awards and the the Independent Games Festival have been hosted via livestream due to the Coronavirus pandemic that led to the cancellation of GDC, and now we know the winners.
The coveted Game of the Year award at the Game Developers Choice Awards was won by Untitled Goose Game
It beat strong competition including Death Stranding, Control, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Outer Wilds.
The Seumas McNally Grand Prize, which is basically the GOTY among indies, was brough home by A Short Hike by Adam Robinson-Yu.
Below you can read the full list of winners for both award ceremonies.
Game Developers Choice Awards
- Ambassador Award: Kate Edwards
- Pioneer Award: Roberta Williams
- Audience Award:Sky: Children of the Light
- Best Audio: Control
- Best Debut: ZA/UM (Disco Elysium)
- Best Design: Baba Is You
- Innovation Award: Baba Is You
- Best Mobile Game: What the Golf?
- Best Narrative: Disco Elysium
- Best Technology: Control
- Best Visual Art: Control
- Best VR/AR Game: Vader Immortal
- Game of the Year: Untitled Goose Game
Independent Games Festival
- Excellence in Visual Art: Knights and Bikes
- Audience Award: A Short Hike
- Excellence in Audio: Mutazione
- Excellence in Narrative: Heaven’s Vault
- Excellence in Design: Patrick’s Parabox
- Nuovo Award: The Space Between
- Best Student Game: Bore Dome
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize: A Short Hike
If you’re interested in last year’s results, the Independent Games Festival 2019 was won by Return of the Obra Dinn. The Game Developers Choice Awards 2019 was brought home by God of War.