Fishing is right there with catching bugs and other activities as one of the classic pastimes of the Animal Crossing series. It just wouldn’t be the same if Animal Crossing didn’t have it! So of course, there are plenty of fish for you to catch during your time in New Horizons but not all fish are around all of the time. Most fish can only be caught at certain times, at certain places. One such fish is the Char. In this guide, we’ll go over how you can get a Char in Animal Crossing New Horizons and when and where you can find them.
How to Get Char in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Char can be found only in the early and late parts of the year. Specifically, they appear in March, April, May and June and again in September, October, and November. They seem to prefer mild weather and hang around in the fall and spring, and leave when it gets too cold or too hot.
While they are in season during the above months you need to head over to freshwater specifically rivers and ponds. Char are active starting in the evening at 4 P.M. and will stay active until 9 A.M. the next day.
Char are medium-sized fish; if you can manage to catch one you’ll be rewarded with 3,800 Bells which is certainly nothing to sneeze at.
In short, you need to fish under these circumstances to get Char in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Fish during spring or fall.
- During the hours of 4 P.M. to 9 A.M.
- In freshwater such as rivers or ponds
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Gets Hello Kitty and Sanrio Items in March
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Mario Items
- Here’s How the Mario Warp Pipes Will Work in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Super Mario Themed Items Are Coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Festivale Float