Shenmue 3 is a game that lets you live out life in the small Bailu Village, then later on in the port town of Niaowu. Of course, you’ll need plenty of money along the way to stay stocked up with food, and even buy important story-related items. Luckily, we’ve got a few tips on how to get money (Yuan) fast in Shenmue 3.
How to Get Money (Yuan) Fast in Shenmue 3
Shenmue 3 is a methodical game in every sense of the word, and that applies to how the game lets you make money. Let’s first go over the basic, and slower, ways of making money, jobs.
- In Bailu you can cut wood to make money, making roughly 50 Yuan per minigame.
- In Niaowu you can cut wood, but also drive a forklift at the port to make roughly 150 Yuan each time, or catch ducks at the Duck Haven for roughly 100 Yuan each time.
While jobs certainly help make money, they aren’t the most time-efficient. By all means it’s a good idea to start out each day with a quick job just to give yourself a buffer.
You can also fish to make some money, although you’ll really have to sink some time in to make a good amount.
The much more efficient way of getting Yuan, however, is by collecting herbs or gambling. Keep an eye out for herbs wherever you go, and any big patch of nature is sure to have some. By collecting herb sets you can sell them at Tao’s shop in Bailu, or multiple shops in Niaowu later on.
Some of larger herb sets give you 600 Yuan a pop, so if you’re simply picking them up as you go around you can really rack up some money.
On top of that, there’s a bit of a trick with gambling that can help you get a ton of tokens, but it requires a bit of save scumming. It’s most easily done in Bailu, but you can also do it in Niaowu. Here’s a walkthrough of how to do it.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Here’s a trick to get tokens fast in Shenmue 3, which you can then turn into items to sell for Yuan.
- Head to Sunset Hill in Bailu and talk to the Fortune Teller. Get a color fortune, and remember what color they tell you.
- Now head up the thill to the gambling area, and first save your game. Then play Flower, Bird, Wind, and Moon. Bet the max amount of tokens (1000).
- Bet on the icon that matches the color of your fortune so Flower for Red, Wind for Blue, Bird for Green, and Moon for Yellow.
- The ball should land on the one you picked because of the fortune. If it doesn’t simply reload and you’re almost guaranteed to get it the second time.
- Rack up thousands of tokens this way then head to the prize exchange and buy gems. Sell the gems at the Pawn Shop to make Yuan.
No matter how you look at it you’re gonna have to put some time in to make money in Shenmue 3, but the trick above can help cut down the time you need to spend, if you’re willing to do it. Just make sure to save before you play each time, just in case.
If you need any more help or tips, make sure to check out our Shenmue 3 guide wiki. Here are a few other guides you might want.