Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York has a release date for PC and Nintendo Switch. Developer Draw Distance took to the stage at PDX Con 2019 to announce the upcoming visual novel will launch later this winter, Dec. 4. Additionally, they also revealed plans to bring the game over to PS4 and Xbox One, too.
The news was later Tweeted by Draw Distance:
📣 Vampire: the Masquerade – Coteries of New York will launch December 4th 2019 on PC!
The Nintendo Switch version of the game will be released in Q1 2020. 💥and💥 we are talking with @PdxInteractive about PS4 and Xbox One versions😍. #PDXCON2019 #labynight #vamily #vtmcony pic.twitter.com/Bbje1uPGVT
— Draw Distance (@DrawDistanceDev) October 19, 2019
Coteries of New York is set in the same Worlds of Darkness supernatural as the mainline Vampire games but isn’t directly connected to Hardsuit Labs’ RPG Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, which is now scheduled for launch in 2020 (delayed from an original November date).
The game is a visual novel that, per its description over on its Steam Page, “aims to translate the complex and fascinating world of vampires, their nightly struggles for power and attempts to hold on to their humanity, to a format previously unexplored by the brand – an atmospheric narrative experience.”
- Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans.
- Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines.
- Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties.
- Highly replayable – choices made in the game are reflected by the game’s changing fiction.
- Various endings depending on your actions – which conclusion will you reach?
- Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting.