Niantic is expanding the world of Pokemon Go today, adding Pokemon first encountered in the Unova region of Black and White (Gen 5).
The update is set to go live at 4 pm EST, when Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle and more Pokemon from the Unova region will be added to the game.
Additionally, players will be able to team up with their buddies to challenge Lillipup, Patrat, and Klink in Raid Battles. More Pokemon originating from the Unova region are said to be making their way to Pokemon Go over the weeks and months ahead.
You can check out a trailer that introduces some of the new Pokemon below:
The full list of new features being added to Pokemon Go today is as below:
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, and more Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region will be appearing in the wild.
- Spark has been hard at work walking and incubating Eggs for his research and has found that the following Pokémon have started hatching from Eggs!
- 2 km Eggs: Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove
- 5 km Eggs: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Drilbur, Foongus
- 10 km Eggs: Ferroseed, Klink, Litwick, Golett, Deino
- After tackling dozens of raids head on, Candela has discovered that Lillipup, Patrat, and Klink will be available to challenge in raids! Please note, Trainers, that Klink hasn’t been reported appearing in the wild outside raids.
- Following some travel and meticulous research, Blanche reports that there are some Pokémon that only seem to be appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world! Join us in welcoming them!
- Asia-Pacific: Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokémon
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Pansear, the High Temp Pokémon
- The Americas and Greenland: Panpour, the Spray Pokémon
- Western hemisphere: Heatmor, the Anteater Pokémon
- Eastern hemisphere: Durant, the Iron Ant Pokémon
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Patrat and Shiny Lillipup!
- Introducing the Unova Stone! This black-and-white Evolutionary item will allow certain Pokémon to evolve. Try using it on a Pokémon like Lampent, and see what happens! This item can be obtained from Research Breakthroughs.
Today’s news follows on from a tease last week via Go’s social media pages that seemed to suggest Unova Pokemon being added.
And it’s not the only Pokemon game teasing new content — Sword and Shield’s website has recently been taken over by some sort of pixelated creature, too.