Japanese manufacturers don’t just create figures of Japanese games, but they often stray into western territory. Today Good Smile Company announced a new figma portraying Overwatch’s McCree via press release.
If you’re wondering what a figma is, it’s a series of posable figures by the Tokyo-based manufacturer. They have become so popular that many use the term as a catch-all for Japanese action figures.
The figure is already available for pre-order at several Japanese retailers including AmiAmi for 7,430 yen (translating into $67). The release window is February 2020.
Here’s a list of features directly from the press release:
- The smooth yet posable figma joints allow you to act out a variety of different scenes.
- A flexible plastic is used in specific areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
- He comes with both a standard face plate and a smirking face plate.
- His Peacekeeper, a flashbang and a cigar are included as optional parts.
- His Peacekeeper can be stored in the holster at his hip.
- His cape is removable, allowing for even more display options.
- Also included is an articulated figma stand to facilitate various exciting poses.
Sculpted by POLY-TOYS in cooperation with Masaki Apsy, he comes with the usual base, accessories, and alternate hands. He’s approximately 155 mm tall and made in the usual PVC and ABS mix.
If you’d like to see what the Overwatch hero looks like, you can check out a gallery below.
If you’re interested in the figma line, you can also check out the previous entry, Miyamoto Musashi from Fate/Grand Order.