Today Arc System Works hosted a press event at GDC in San Francisco and announced that Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz is coming west with the title Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz.
The additional title is a reminder of the series’ western legacy, as this game is the prequel of the Tantei Jinguji Saburo series, which was previously localized as Jake Hunter Detective Story.
Fans of Japanese games will be happy to learn that it appears that Arc System Works has dropped the Americanized names from the series’ past, and all the materials we received carry the original Japanese names. This is actually an interesting and unexpected choice considering that the game is actually set in the United States.
The game will launch in the west on May 16, 2019, for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. It will cost $39.99, and it’ll include Japanese voices with English subtitles.
If you’re unfamiliar with the name, have some information directly from Arc System Works’ press release.
In the wake of the death of his grandfather, Saburo Jinguji heads to the United States to uncover the truth in this unique mystery adventure game from Arc System Works and Neilo Inc.
- RETURN OF A LEGEND – The Scenario Writer of “At the End of the Dream”, Hirotaka Inaba, returns to write the scenario for “Awakening of Golden Jazz”
- TIME IS UNDER YOUR CONTROL – Switch between the different stages of Saburo’s life as you piece together clues and solve mysteries.
- 360 DEGREE SLEUTHING – Utilize a full 360 degree rotation with your surroundings, making searching for clues truly immersive.
- UNIQUE VISUAL FLAIR – A visually arresting watercolor look merged with realistic video images combine to form a unique design.
- STANCE CHANGE SYSTEM – Read and interact with the other person’s expressions and emotions to uncover the truth.
- TREE OF THOUGHT – Visualize your own thoughts, organize and search for evidence, and pull testimony. As your information grows, your tree will “bear fruit”.
- SHARPEN YOUR SENSES – Your “Sharpened Five Senses” allows you to visualize clues in unique ways.
- STYLISH CHARACTER MODELS – Illustrator Zennosuke brings character visuals like no other!
- Saburo Jinguji – On the hunt to discover the truth behind his grandfather’s murder.
- Yoko – A young woman studying abroad in New York.
- Kyosuke Jinguji – Saburo’s grandfather, who runs his own detective agency.
- Abby – A young woman studying economics at university. Has a connection to Saburo.
- Benjamin Harris – A young man studying both literature and mysticism at university.
- Leo Collins – A young man studying law with dreams to be a prosecutor. Very talented, and quite smart.
- Dan Miller – A former assistant to Saburo’s grandfather at his detective agency.
- Joshua – A police officer in New York with a severe prejudice against Japanese people.
- Harold – A police officer in New York. Laid back, he prefers to not take things too seriously.
- Morgan Marquis – The police chief. He possesses a large sense of justice and is beloved by the community.
- Mari – A librarian. Despite her demure appearance, she can be quite stubborn.
- Joseph Logan – A former police officer, who suffered a personal betrayal recently.
- George Anderson – An electrical engineer who can always be found drinking somewhere.
- Ryan Collins – The mayor of New York, who also happens to be Leo’s father.
- Maki-Soji – Dan’s father, he operates a small restaurant in Japan.
- ???? – Real name unknown. A killer, put away in jail for murder.
You can also check out quite a few localized screenshots and character art of Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz below. If you’d like to see more, you can also enjoy a trailer released last year for the Japanese release.
This isn’t the only news we got today from Arc System Works, as this morning we learned the release date of Kill La Kill The Game: IF for PS4, Switch, and PC. Afterwards, we got the North American release date of World End Syndrome for PS4 and Switch.