How to Get All Recipes in Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition makes an already massive game even larger, adding on new cutscenes, party members, minigames, and more. If you’ve played a Tales game before, you’ll be familiar with many of the systems in Vesperia, including the robust cooking system. Here’s how to get all recipes in Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.
There’s a wealth of recipes you can get throughout your adventure in Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, and there’s one of two ways to get them. Some are obtained by finding Wonder Chef disguises in different towns, while others you’ll need to cook a certain dish with a specific character.
Keep in mind for the recipes that require you to cook a dish, you’ll need to successfully make the dish and not fail it. You’ll need ingredients for every recipe, so make sure to stock up before you enter a dungeon, or if you’re trying to learn a new dish.
We’ve grouped all of the recipes together that are related, and listed off what effects they give.
- Sandwich – Learned automatically in Quoi Woods – Heals 10% HP
- Rice Ball – Have Estelle cook a sandwich – Heals 5% TP
- Beef Bowl – Have Yuri cook a Rice Ball – Heals 20% HP and cures poison
- Pork Stew- Have Raven cook Beef Bowl – Increases attack by 5% and heals 5% HP
- Japanese Stew – Have Judith cook Pork Stew – Increases agility 40% and heals 5% HP
- Sukiyaki – Have Judith cook Japanese Stew – Increases attack 15%
- Omelette Rice – Have Karol cook Beef Bowl – Heals 10% HP/TP and cures petrification
- Curry – Find Wonder Chef in Mantaic, disguised as a Cactus by a tree – Heals 30% HP
- Meat Sauce – Have Karol cook Omelette Rice – Heals 15% HP/TP and cures all status ailments
- Cream Stew – Find Wonder Chef in Myorzo, disguised as an ice cream cone – Heals 40% HP
- Beef Stew – Have Flynn cook Cream Stew – Increases agility 80% and heals 5% HP for all allies
- Minestrone Soup – Find Wonder Chef in Dahngrest, just right of the Don’s Chamber – Increases magic defense by 20% and heals 5% HP
- Miso Soup – Have Estelle cook Minestrone Soup – Increases magic defense by 40% and heals 5% HP
- Clam Chowder – Have Estelle cook Miso Soup – Increases magic defense 60%
- Skewers – Have Patty cook Miso Soup – Heals 20% HP/TP and revises KOed characters
- Vichyssoise – Find Wonder Chef on Nam Cobanda Isle, inside the gym to the north – Increases magic defense 80%
- Pork Miso Soup – Have Estelle cook Vichyssoise – Increases magic defense by 100%
- Udon Noodles Pot – Have Yuri cook Pork Miso Soup – Heals 50% HP
- Salisbury Steak – Find Wonder Chef in Aspio, disguised as an onion by the front gate – Increases attack by 3% and heals 5% HP
- Steak – Have Flynn cook Salisbury Steak – Increases attack 10% and heals 5% HP
- Kebab Sandwich – Find Wonder Chef in Nordopolica, disguised as a trophy by arena entrance – Increases attack by 7% and heals 5% HP
- Fish With Miso Sauce – Find Wonder Chef in Heliord, sitting in the Knight’s HQ – Increases physical defense by 3% and heals 5% HP
- Salad – Find Wonder Chef in Ghasfarost, disguised as a pinwheel at the end of the dungeon – Increases agility 20% and heals 5% HP
- Vegetable Stir Fry – Have Rita cook Salad – Increases agility 40% and heals 5% HP
- Soup Noodles – Have Raven cook Vegetable Stir Fry – Increases agility 100% and heals 5% HP
- Sashimi – Have Raven cook Salad – Increases physical defense 20% and heals 5% HP
- Sushi – Have Karol cook Sashimi – Increases physical defense by 25%
- Seafood Bowl – Talk to the woman outside the inn in Capua Nor once you’ve gotten the Fiertia, the ship – Increases physical defense 15% and heals 5% for all allies
- Fisherman’s Hot Pot – Have Patty cook Seafood Bowl – Increases physical defense 20% and heals 5% HP
- Fried Chicken and Fries – Find Wonder Chef in Capua Torim, disguised as a big fish by the lighthouse – Increases magic attack 10% and heals 5% HP
- Scottish Egg – Have Estelle cook Fried Chicken and Fries – Increases magic attack by 20% and heals 5% HP
- Okonomiyaki – Have Raven cook Scottish Egg – Increases magic attack by 40%
- Croquette – Find Wonder Chef in Yormgen, he’s in the inn where the beds are – Increases magic attack 30% and heals 5% HP
- Tempura – Have Judith cook Croquette – Increases magic attack 50%
- Sorbet – Find Wonder Chef in Capua Nor, disguised a duck near the dock – Heals 10% TP
- Pudding – Have Yuri cook Sorbet – Heals 20% TP
- Crepe – Find Wonder Chef in Aurnion, disguised as a Scarecrow all the way to the right – Heals 40% TP
- Fruit Parfait – Have Rita cook Crepe – Heals 50% TP
- Dog Food – Have Repede try to cook anything – Heals 1% HP and TP
- Seafood Stew – Talk to the fisherman on the west side of Capua Torim. Trade the materials he needs, then head to the tavern in Dahngrest. There trade a Sharp Stone to get the Flare Stone and Kitchen Knife, and head back to the man in Capua Torim. He’ll give you the recipe now. – Increases Overlimit gauge by 1.
- Mabo Curry – Find Wonder Chef at Nordopolica after learning every other recipe in the game – Heals 25% HP/TP and revies KOed characters
That covers how to get all recipes in Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. For even more tips and guides make sure to search Twinfinite, we have plenty of other helpful info like how to complete all those Special Missions.
You can also check out our Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition review, to see why we gave this revamped JRPG a 4.5/5.