How to Beat Leviathans & Where to Find Them in Subnautica
There are plenty of monstrous creatures lurking in Subnautica, but none are as intimidating as Leviathans. Some of these huge creatures are capable of killing you on sight and destroying some of your vehicles. For you brave souls out there, here’s how to find and beat Leviathans in Subnautica.
The Leviathans roam through the ocean and are usually found swimming in large, open areas. Since they thrive in these locations, it makes it all the more easier to escape if you find one lurking about in Subnautica.
They are easy to spot because of how huge they are, and while a few are harmless, there are those that won’t hesitate to attack you. These types Leviathans will send out an ear-piercing screech from afar and will circle their targets before attacking, usually from behind.
Here are all of the many different Leviathans and where to find them in Subnautica:
- Sea Treaders – Generally harmless unless you approach them. Can be found in the Grand Reef and the Sea Trader’s Path.
- Reapers – One of the most ruthless creatures in the game. It will hunt you down and destroy your Seamoth and Prawn Suit. Can be found in the open areas of the Dunes and Mountains.
- Reefbacks – Passives creatures who don’t pose a real threat. Can be found in almost every open-water biome, often swimming in groups.
- Ghosts – Aggressive creatures who won’t hesitate to kill you. Three are in Lost River, two are in the Grand Reef, and one is in the Northern Blood Kelp Zones.
- Sea Dragons – The largest aggressive aquatic fauna in Subnautica. Two are in the Inactive Lava Zone and one is in the Lava Lakes.
- Sea Emperor – Considered the largest Leviathan in the game and is part of the story.
How to Beat Leviathans in Subnautica
If, for whatever reason, you want to take on these killer serpents, prepare for a long, arduous fight. You’d usually want to run away from them, but sometimes running isn’t an option in Subnautica.
Make sure you bring along a Stasis Rifle with you before engaging the enemy. You can craft one with the Fabricator using the following ingredients:
- Computer Chip
- Magnetite (2x)
Also, make sure to bring along some knives. Bring as many of them as you can, because you’ll be using it throughout the entire fight.
When the Leviathan comes close, shock it with your rifle and hit it with the knife. Once it unfreezes, just paralyze it again and hammer away with your weapon. It will definitely take a while to beat one of these beasts in Subnautica, but the Leviathan will go down eventually. You can also use the drill from your Prawn Suit, which will take around three to five drillings to kill it in Subnautica.
That’s pretty much everything you need to know about where to find and how to beat Leviathans in Subnautica. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
Check out some of our other guides to help you get started:
- How to Get Magnetite Fast & Where to Find It
- How to Deal With Crabsquid Easily
- What Cure Command Is
- How to Get Moonpool
Question: Where to find Leviathans in Subnautica and how to beat them?
Answer: Leviathans can be found in different locations depending on their species. Reefbacks can often be found in open water biomes, while Reapers are generally found in the open areas of the Dunes and Mountains. Check our guide for the full list.