New Fortnite Balance Update is Live: Drum Gun Gets Hit With Hefty Nerf
Epic Games has detailed a new update that is dropping into Fortnite today. The update focuses two major balance changes: weapon damage, and wall health.
For weapons, both the compact SMG and the Drum Gun are getting nerfs. The SMG is getting its damage reduced slightly and a reduced magazine size (50 to 40). The idea being that Epic Games wants them to be effective versus structures, but not be the hands-down best choice in many scenarios in Fortnite.
The stand out though is the hit that the Drum Gun is taking (see below courtesy of Epic Games). The changes for both, if Epic Games has their way, should make both those guns far less effective in longer range, and hectic scenarios where jumping and dodging are necessary.
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
It’s not all nerfs though. Wall Health is getting a buff across the board, some more dramatic than others. Initial wall HP for wood is going up 10, stone up 20, and metal up 30. The goal being that players will be more likely to make some more diverse choices when building a fort.
The Fortnite update is live now, so you don’t have to wait long, or well, at all, to jump in and try the changes out.