Warcraft III and Diablo II might be getting remasters or re-releases on Blizzard’s App client.
According to Blizzard’s official job listings, the company is looking to hire a new Senior Software Engineer tasked with server-side components. The position caught attention from the gaming community when its description mentioned the name of Warcraft III and Diablo II. Here’s an excerpt of the description:
“Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.
We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.”
Moreover, the responsibilities in the job listings further suggest that Blizzard might be looking to remaster those classic titles:
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay features.
- Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
- Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
- Implement, maintain, and own infrastructure for the Diablo franchise
All of this might be hinting at Blizzard’s very first step of preparations for the remasters of Warcraft III and Diablo II. Previously, the company also hired for several technical positions that mentioned the possibility of remastering StarCraft, before eventually announcing it in March 2017.
For now, Blizzard hasn’t made any official statement regarding these rumors.
- Horizon Zero Dawn’s Player Stats Show Just How Popular the Game Is
- Final Fantasy XV’s Episode Prompto DLC Gets a Flashy New Trailer
- ARMS Debuts at #2 in UK Charts
This post was originally written by Nam Bui.