Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will be launching on Nintendo’s hybrid console this fall in Japan – sorry to people that don’t live in Japan. This confirmation of a Switch release was revealed in the latest issue of V-Jump, a Japanese magazine about new manga and video games based on popular manga. Gematsu has translated the info from the magazine, giving us more information on the port:
- Ad-Hoc Co-Op Play – A first for the Dragon Ball Xenoverse series, using ad-hoc correspondence, you can play with up to six nearby players.
- Ultimate Techniques with the Motion Sensor – For example, by using the Joy-Cons with both hands, you can trigger a “Kamehameha.”
- Two-Player Joy-Con Battles – Battle against a friend on the same Switch using the two Joy-Con controllers.
- Limited Time Bonus – Experience the “Time Patrol” main story from the first Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
- For Early Buyers – A code to unlock the characters from the main story early. By using this code, you will have access to more than 70 characters from the start.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 originally launched for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC this past October. The Switch version will launch sometime this fall in Japan. We can only hope that the game eventually comes stateside – maybe if the game sells well in Japan.
CHECK OUT MORE
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Release Date Announced
- CD Projekt RED Announces Gwent Public Beta for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Akuma Dominates the Fight in New Tekken 7 Gameplay Trailer