Heroes of the Storm players will be pleased to hear that Overwatch’s hero Genji has hit the 2.0 beta today.
The news comes via a tweet from the official Heroes of the Storm Twitter account. Accompanying the popular Overwatch character is a new Hanamura-themed map. Though it may share the same name, the Heroes of the Storm variant is only loosely based on the Overwatch map, with the layout and objectives having changed dramatically.
For those looking at trying their hand with Genji in Heroes of the Storm, you can check out his move list below. A quick glimpse at his move set shows that Blizzard has been careful to ensure the character retains his Assassin-like skills while ensuring that he fits well in Heroes of the Storm.
- Shuriken: Genji will throw three shuriken in a cone spread pattern to deal damage. If you’re close enough to a target, all three can hit one enemy and deal huge damage. Three charges of Genji’s Shuriken can be stored and its cooldown restores all three charges.
- Deflect: When activated, Genji gains a powerful shield and automatically fires back a dagger at anyone who attempts to damage him.
- Swift Strike: A long-range forward dash that deals damage to enemies in the area of effect. If an enemy hero is defeated within two seconds of being hit with this attack, the cooldown and mana cost is automatically refilled.
- Dragonblade: This is similar to Genji’s Ultimate in Overwatch as he utilizes his katana. The attack allows Genji to perform a number of powerful cleaving auto-attacks which can deal damage in a large arc.
- X-Strike: Genji leaps into the air and lands a massive cross-shaped strike that covers a good chunk of the surrounding area.
Will you be trying Genji in Heroes of the Storm’s 2.0 beta today? Let us know down in the comments below.
Check Out More
- Miller Arthur, a New VR JRPG From Square Enix, Is on Its Way to Vive
- Horizon Zero Dawn Dev Explains Why the Map’s Exact Size Was Never Released
- Sony to Shut Down Kill Strain’s Servers After Less Than a Year
- NieR: Automata’s First DLC Includes New Costumes