Aye aye, Captain.
If you’re trying to get into the whole Fallout 4: Far Harbor theme, you may want to dress the part. Nothing helps you get that done better than The Captain’s Hat. It also doesn’t hurt that this piece of armor increases your speed by 10% (let’s see those nasty crab monsters try to catch you now).
To get The Captain’s Hat, which is essentially just a badass pirate’s hat, you need to just complete a specific string of quests. If you happen to be working towards the Rescue Diver Suit, you will actually have to complete most of the same quests, so you get to kill two birds with one stone.
The quest that actually rewards you The Captain’s Hat is called “Rite of Passage,” here’s how to unlock it:
- During the second story mission, “Walk in the Park,” you’ll start a sidequest called “Living on the Edge.”
- Ignore the main story mission and start playing through “Living on the Edge.” You’ll be tasked with helping the people in Far Harbor, which is done through more side quests.
- Speak to Cassie Dalton to get “Blood Tide” and complete it.
- When done, speak to Mariner to get “Hull Breach” and complete that too.
- Completing “Blood Tide” and “Hull Breach” unlocks “Rite of Passage”
- “Rite of Passage” tasks player with completing a ritual in the middle of a misty swamp like area. You’ll have to kill a bunch of sea-creatures including a powerful Mirelurk Queen (curse those things).
- Upon victory, return to town and you’ll be reward with your brand new pirate hat.
Completing this questline also nets you The Captain’s Feast. This is a consumable that raises you XP gains for two hours.
For more Fallout 4: Far Harbor guides, be sure to check out our wiki.