Rocket Panda Games announced the release date and launched a new trailer of the upcoming 2D fighting game Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
We learn that the game will release in North America and Europe for PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on March 15, 2022. It’ll be priced at $39.99.
You can check out the new trailer below.
M. Panda, Co-Founder of Rocket Panda Games accompanied the press release with a comment.
“Today, the team is ecstatic to announce ‘Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s’ release date.
The addition of new characters, features and updates to the game has taken more time than anticipated – but for our first self-published game we had to ensure we’re producing the game to the best of our ability. The ‘Phantom Breaker: Omnia’ project has evolved far beyond a simple port and has become an enhanced and complete Phantom Breaker experience. The fire in all of our hearts will be burning next March!”
In the game, a mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appears in Tokyo, to manipulate vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as ‘Fu-mension Artifacts.’ In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive. The fierce clashes between these artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers.
- 20 Characters – Includes all characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu , Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Three different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia – Drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics based on your choice.
- Complex combos returned and rebalanced – Pulling off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual language audio and more – A first on the Phantom Breaker series, all characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, remixed soundtrack – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The complete experience – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.