Ready or Not, Destiny 2’s Deep Stone Crypt Raid Race is Coming Saturday; New Trailer Released
The race for world first on Destiny 2: Beyond Light’s new raid, Deep Stone Crypt, will begin this Saturday Nov. 21. To celebrate what is always an excited and drama-filled event, Bungie has released a new trailer showcasing some fun moments from previous raid races.
As has been the case in recent years, there will be a “contest mode” enabled. That means the following:
- Artifact power bonuses are disabled.
- For 24 hours from the start, players are capped at 20 power below each encounter, with 1230 being the max that will benefit you.
Even if you don’t get world first, there are some other perks including this year’s raid jacket for completing Deep Stone Crypt within the first week, and well, at all during the year.
What’s a little concerning is that the raid is being released in midst of some chaos regarding balancing the new Stasis subclasses and just other general things that are wonky since the release of Beyond Light.
In particular, in both PvE and PvP the new Warlock subclass, Shadebinder, just seems broken at the moment. The new super is able to basically erase raid bosses. See for yourself via Gladd:
Definitely potentially problematic. I have to imagine, though, that Bungie is planning to disable certain weapons that are currently busted, and fix anything that’s bugged that can’t be disabled, otherwise there will definitely be some drama this weekend, but not the kind that anyone wants.
Ready or not, the race for world first for Deep Stone Crypt will begin on Nov. 21 at 10 a.m. PT.
About the author
- Destiny 2 Deep Stone Crypt Raid To Get Craftable Weapons in Season 19
- Destiny 2 Deep Stone Crypt Raid Developer Deep Dive Scheduled for Tomorrow
- Bungie Compares Deep Stone Crypt Raid Completion Stats, Prophecy Dungeon Return Date & More in Latest Destiny 2 TWAB
- Destiny 2: Best Deep Stone Crypt Raid Weapons, All 6 Ranked
- Clan Luminous Confirmed as World First to Clear Destiny 2’s Deep Stone Crypt Raid