BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 Receive Enhanced PC Versions Later This Month
Early 2000’s third-person action-RPG franchise BloodRayne will receive enhanced versions of its first two games for PC later this month, publisher Ziggurat Interactive announced today.
The enhanced versions will be coming to Steam and GOG.com on Nov. 20, titled as BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut, and owners of the original games will receive the new versions for free.
According to the press release, the Terminal Cut versions will offer these improvements:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
- BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Optimized for Windows 10
The two games originally released in 2002 and 2004 across PC, PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox. The games feature “Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage.”