Lately, it seems like almost every update for miHoYo‘s Genshin Impact is starting to get leaked well before the intended release. Update 1.4 just went live, but information about the new characters coming in the future is already out there. One of those characters is Eula. Here’s everything you need to know about Eula in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact Eula Guide
Eula is supposedly one of the new playable characters coming in the game’s next update. She was discovered, in part, by Twitter user dimbreathjr, who mined the game in order to see ahead. So all images used are courtesy of that account.
Eula looks to be Genshin Impact’s seventh claymore user, and seventh Cryo user after Rosaria gets released. Here’s a rundown of how to upgrade her and what she can do for your team outside of the basic claymore attacks.
Genshin Impact Eula Guide
To ascend Eula, you’ll need to collect a few of Genshin Impact’s many materials, just like with any other character.
As a Cryo user, she’ll need Shivada Jade Ice Fragments, Chunks, and Gemstones. She’ll also need Crystalline Blooms, Dandelion Seeds, and various Hilichurl masks.
Crystalline Bloom doesn’t exist in the world just yet, and it appears to be an item that’ll be dropped by a Cryo Hypostasis, as it resembles the current drops for the Electro Hypostasis and Anemo Hypostasis.
Genshin Impact Eula Guide: Abilities, Talents, & Constellations
Icetide Vortex (Elemental Skill)
- Press: Slashes swiftly, dealing Cryo damage. When it hits an opponent, Eula gains a stack of Grimheart that stacks up to two times. The stacks can only be gained once every 0.3 seconds.
- Grimheart: Increases Eula’s defense and her resistance to interruption
- Hold: Eula slashes forward, dealing AOE Cryo damage to opponents in front of her while consuming all stacks of Grimheart she possesses. These stacks will turn into Icewhirl Brands that deal Cryo damage to nearby opponents, decreasing their physical and Cryo resistance. Multiple hits won’t cause the effect to stack, but will extend its duration.
Glacial Illumination (Elemental Burst)
- Eula deals Cryo damage to nearby opponents with her greatsword, and creates a Lightfall Sword that follows her around for a certain duration.
- When Eula’s normal attacks, elemental skills, and Elemental Bursts deal damage to opponents, they charge the Lightfall Sword. It can gain an energy stack once every 0.1 seconds.
- Once its duration ends, the Lightfall Sword will explode, dealing physical damage to nearby opponents. The damage scales on the number of energy stacks in the sword.
- If Eula dies or leaves the field, the Lightfall Sword will immediately explode.
- Aristocratic Introspection: When Eula crafts character talent materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
- Roiling Rime: If two stacks of Grimheart are consumed when holding Icetide Vortex, a Lightfall Sword remnant will be created and explode immediately, dealing 50% of the basic physical damage dealt by a Lightfall Sword created through Glacial Illumination.
- Wellspring of War – Lust: When Eula’s normal attacks score critical hits, Icetide Vortex’s cooldown will decrease by 0.3 seconds. This effect can occur every 0.1 seconds.
- C1 – Illusion of Light Tide: Eula’s physical damage bonus is increased by 30% after Icetide Vortex’s Grimheart effect occurs. Each stack of Grimheart consumed will extend the duration of this effect by six seconds, up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
- C2 – The Girl of Sea Foam: The cooldown time of Icetide Vortex’s hold mode is reduced to the same amount of time as the press mode.
- C3 – Lawrence Pedigree: Increases the level of Glacial Illumination by three. The maximum upgrade is level 15.
- C4 – The Obstinacy of One’s Inferiors: Lightfall Swords deal 25% more damage against opponents with less than 50% HP.
- C5 – Chivalric Quality: Increases the level of Icetide Vortex by three. The maximum upgrade is level 15.
- C6 – Noble Obligation: Lightfall Swords created by Glacial Illumination start with five stacks of energy. Normal attacks, elemental skills, and elemental bursts have a 50% chance to grant the Lightfall Sword an additional stack of energy.
Release Date & How to Get Eula
An official release date hasn’t yet been announced for Eula, as this is all leaked information. She could possibly come in an update that follows Rosaria’s, since Rosaria is the next new Cryo character.
She’s a five-star character, so it’s more than likely that the only way to obtain her will be through a banner once she becomes available.
This means that you’ll need to spend Primogems to pull for her, in true gacha game fashion. The main factor in getting her will either be luck, or how much you’re willing to spend.
That’s everything you need to know about Eula in Genshin Impact. We’ll be sure to update this guide with more info on her as it becomes available. In the meantime, be sure to check out our Genshin Impact guide wiki for more tips.