Not even heroes are immune from getting stuck in virtual bathrooms and celebrating a little too much when collecting rewards from victorious hunts. The latest Horizon Forbidden West patch 1.12 has now arrived, and among the many fixes for the core components of the game are several interesting tweaks as well.
Players can expect to see fewer quests bugging out or objectives not updating, but more hilariously, bathrooms and loot will become less of a problem thanks to the new update.
Now you will be able to venture into the bathroom in the home base of Aloy and the gang without the fear of getting stuck, which is a problem that not many would have expected in the first place. Furthermore, looting fallen machines and enemies will no longer result in Aloy engaging in “celebratory loot raves” that can last up to 10 seconds. Players who have experienced the heroine bouncing up and down previously might be glad to see the back of this issue, although it remains a fun occurrence.
As for the less fun parts, Guerrilla Games has included fixes for quests, world activities, the machines, humans, and other parts of the game to make Horizon Forbidden West a better experience following the patch.
You can read the full patch notes below:
Horizon Forbidden West 1.12 Patch Notes
We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and they’re being investigated.
- The team continues to make tweaks to the game’s content with the goal to reduce visual shimmering.
- Players have reported an issue in Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions”. After Abadund’s dialogue has taken place, the player will temporarily not be able to trade with Abadund due to no prompt appearing.
- Players have reported an issue in Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” where after defeating the Frostclaw, the mission objective does not complete.
- Players have reported an issue in Handa’s Contract “Ancient Relics”, where the mission progression will be stuck on “2/3 Gather Ancient Relics”, or “Go to the Northern Ancient Machine Site” if the player leaves the area.
- Players have reported that the Apex Grimhorn does not spawn in game outside of quests, potentially preventing players from obtaining 100% game completion.
- Outfits may appear to be covered by dark shadows in inventory.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in the Base where players could get stuck in the bathroom.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “Reach for the Stars” where the objective doesn’t complete after reaching the shuttle if the player triggers the machine callout before looking at the shuttle.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where progression did not update after defeating the Grimhorn.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Sea of Sands” where a cinematic would not trigger, resulting in the “Exit the Ruins” objective not updating.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Sea of Sands” where the land inside the Casino did not load in after acquiring POSEIDON.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Wings of the Ten” where the Sunwings would not be present on the top of The Base.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” where skipping the “Go to the Start of the Climb” objective and going straight to Wekatta would cause the mission objectives to not update.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Way Home” where the mission objective “Gather Resources for the Gyrocompass” would not progress after picking up the required amount of Batteries.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Signal Spike” where the “Kill the Machines” objective does not update, resulting in the player being unable to talk to Silga.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “A Tribe Apart” where the player was unable to interact with a Metal Flower.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Burden of Command” where the Child didn’t talk to Aloy during the “Protect the Child” object.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Burden of Command” where the Child would be missing after skipping the ‘Scan the Area’ objective, and then restarting from save during specific later objectives.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Shining Example” where if the player destroys the Metal Flower Vines before the objective changes to “Destroy the Metal Flower’s Vines”, the objective won’t update altogether, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue in Errand Quest “Opening the Arena” where Kalla did not spawn inside the Maw of the Arena after the player gathered the necessary machine parts.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron IOTA where the player could get permanently stuck if they fall down during the final climb to the Tallneck’s head.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron IOTA where the Manufacturing Arm holding the Tallneck’s Head would be in a jammed state, blocking mission progression.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron KAPPA where the “Kill the Tideripper” objective could not be completed after killing the Tideripper very quickly. Another Tideripper that needed disciplining! We definitely know who our naughtiest machines are.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruins: The Stillsands where a pullable crate could get stuck in the ceiling.
- Fixed an issue in The Arena where quitting during a fixed Challenge could result in the player losing their loadout, and it being replaced with the loadout from the Arena Challenge.
- Added a new cinematic camera in The Arena when ending a challenge, stopping the camera from pointing at a wall.
- Brightened the nighttime lighting around Black Box: Jagged Deep.
- Fixed an issue in Melee Pit: Thornmarsh where the Melee Pit Master would become invisible after restarting from save or Fast traveling away at a specific moment.
- Fixed an issue where the Notebook loot entry about the Shellsnapper’s ‘Refining Core’ includes Volatile Sludge, despite it having 0% drop chance.
- The sturdier mid and large machines will escalate to combat when 35% of their health is lost in one shot.
- Fixed an issue where Quest Companions would become unresponsive after being hit in combat.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to use melee attacks after getting hit by Shock/Heavy attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the Dodge Roll may fail to activate if triggered immediately after firing.
- Fixed an issue where setting the ‘Weapon Wheel Slowdown’ setting to Slowest will result in noticeable outfit and hair popping when accessing the Weapon Wheel in game.
- Fixed an issue introduced in the previous patch, where the player could not place a waypoint marker within 500 meters of the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Exclamation Point that is visible when a new item is acquired no longer appears
- Fixed an issue in the Stitcher merchant screen, where the compare menu would always compare to the base level statistics of the currently equipped outfit, even when it is upgraded.
- Added an indicator to show when a Weave is already equipped when changing Weaves.
- Updated the Crafting section below the Weapon Wheel with new UI elements to show resource names.
- Updated the Skill Points icon to be more noticeable when the player has unspent skill points.
- Fixed more Metal Flowers and Firegleam icons remaining on the map.
- Fixed an issue where after navigating to the bottom of a longer quest’s Objective Log, details of other quests are missing.
- Fixed an issue where restarting from save after looting Greenshine will result in the Jobs system directing the player to the previously looted site. (NOTE: This will not retroactively fix Jobs for previously looted sites that are already active. For these players, once the player reaches the indicated area, the system will update and the player will be redirected to the correct site).
Performance and Stability
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Multiple streaming fixes in game and in cinematics.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy may severely bounce for up to 10 seconds while looting an item. The celebratory loot raves are over, but they live on in memory.
- Fixed an issue where the landing platform in Raintrace Rise could not be used.
- Multiple fixes to Datapoints not unlocking correctly.
- Multiple fixes to controller remapping.
- Multiple fixes to Aloy’s animations.
- Multiple fixes to Aloy or important characters/machines falling out of the world.
- Multiple audio fixes and improvements.
- Multiple lighting fixes and improvements.
- Multiple fixes and improvements to body and facial animations in cinematics.
- Multiple fixes and improvements to NPC animations and to NPC props in settlements.
- Multiple localization and subtitles fixes and improvements.
- Multiple other bug fixes.
If you are wondering about what got fixed in patch 1.11, you can check out the update here.
- Horizon Forbidden West’s Aloy Gets an Adorable New Nendoroid Figure
- Latest Horizon Forbidden West Patch Fixes Bugs & Rebalances Legendary Weapons
- Horizon Forbidden West’s Latest Patch Fixes Shimmering Issues & Tons of Quest Bugs
- Studson Studio Makes an Amazing Horizon Forbidden West Tremortusk Kitbash
- Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.07 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements