In this Destiny 2 Ascendant Alloy guide, we’ll be running you through how to get this rare crafting material, what it’s used for, and the best methods of farming it from our time in the Witch Queen expansion so far.
What Is Ascendant Alloy Used For
Ascendant Alloy is a crafting material introduced as part of the Witch Queen expansion.
It’s used for upgrading any weapons crafted using the Relic found on Throne World. This enables players to unlock enhanced traits for the weapons, making them far more useful and further helping to remove the RNG grind of getting a perfect roll of perks for different weapons via drops.
Methods of Obtaining Ascendant Alloy in Destiny 2
- Reach Rank 16 with Gunsmith Banshee-44
- Buy 1 Ascendant Alloy for 400 Legendary Shards from Master Rahool a Week
- Complete Witch Queen Campaign Missions (Not Guaranteed)
- Completing The Wellspring Offensive Activity on Throne World (Not Guaranteed)
Farming Ascendant Alloy in Destiny 2 Witch Queen
With the knowledge of how Ascendant Alloy can be obtained, the best means of farming the stuff is to simply grind through the offensive activities on Throne World.
The Wellspring Offensive is unlocked once you’ve beaten the Witch Queen campaign and can be accessed by opening up your ‘Destination’ menu in the Director.
While this isn’t a guaranteed drop, it’s currently the only means of earning it repeatedly within the same week.
Completing Witch Queen campaign missions can also earn you Ascendant Alloy when you replay it — particularly if you take on the tougher Legendary Campaign — but you can only do this once each week until the weekly reset, and again, it’s not a guaranteed drop.
If you’ve not already, we recommend ranking up with the Gunsmith at the Tower to open up another opportunity to get your hands on Ascendant Alloy. Completing daily bounties given to you by Banshee-44 is the way you’ll achieve this, as well as dismantling any old weapons you’ve got that you’re not using.
That’s everything you need to know on farming Ascendant Alloy fast in Destiny 2 Witch Queen. Now get upgrading those weapons, Guardians.
For more tips and tricks, you can head on over to our Witch Queen wiki. Not only is it fun to say quickly, but it’s all jam-packed with other handy tips and tricks to help you on your quest through the Throne World.
- Is Destiny 2 Down? How to Check Destiny 2 Server Status
- Destiny 2 Announces New Community Event to Wrap Up Season 18
- How to Get Mindbender’s Ambition in Destiny 2
- 10 Destiny 2 Gift Ideas for That Special Guardian in Your Life
- Destiny 2’s Big Telesto Mystery Seems to Have Come to an Underwhelming End