While Pokemon Legends Arceus may be set in the past, that doesn’t mean that you’re not still tasked with catching ’em all. Your physical book of a Pokedex needs filling all the same, and that means you’ll need to catch some legendary Pokemon, including Shaymin and Darkrai. In this guide, we’ll be explaining how to catch Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus, so you can add the nightmare ‘mon to your party.
It’s worth noting here that you must have saved data for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond or Pokemon Shining Pearl on your Nintendo Switch in order to catch Darkrai in Legends Arceus. If you don’t, you won’t be able to complete the steps below.
Catching Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus
- Beat the main story of Pokemon Legends Arceus.
This requires you to beat all of the Noble Pokemon, of which there are five.
- After completing the game, go to the blackboard and get the ‘The Darksome Nightmare’ request.
This will cause Cael to come and speak to you about a ‘dark nightmare that visits people on lonely paths at night’ in Hisui. He’ll tell you he saw it near the Clamberclaw Cliffs, partway up Mount Coronet, so that’s where we’re heading.
- Head to the quest marker on your map, east of Clamberclaw Cliffs, and north of Lonely Spring.
It’ll lead you to a large pile of black rocks. If you visit these during the day, it’ll say there’s no sign of the Pokemon and to return at night, so head back to a camp and rest in the bed until nighttime.
- Return to the black boulders at nighttime, and a cutscene will be triggered where Darkrai will appear.
- Beat Darkrai in a Pokemon battle and then use a Poké Ball to catch it.
It will use purple vortex’s to teleport around the area. But if you manage to hit it with a Poke Ball when it’s low on health, you should catch it no problem. Alternatively, wait until he’s about to hop into one of his vortex’s and throw a Poke Ball at its back. It will always face towards you, so quickly sneak around the back of him.
Darkrai is a level 70, Dark-type Pokemon. It’s absolutely worth catching as it can be formidable in the late-game battles and content.
That’s everything you need to know on how to catch Darkrai in Pokemon Legends Arceus. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki or see more of our coverage on the game below.
Image Credit: Faz Faz
- All Working Pokemon Legends Arceus Mystery Codes & How to Redeem Mystery Gift
- How to Get Free Shiny Baneful Fox Mask in Pokemon Legends Arceus
- How to Restart Pokemon Legends Arceus
- Pokemon Legends Arceus ‘The Seas Legend’ Request: How to Catch Manaphy
- Where to Find Ralts in Pokemon Legends Arceus