Auto rifles have been in a weird spot for a while now in Destiny 2. They’ve been up and down, but now, especially in PvP, they are quite powerful again. These are the best auto rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 as of 2022.
Auto Rifles, in general, are still in a decent spot even after getting nerfed a bit recently. Let’s look at what’s left after the carnage.
Best Auto Rifles in Destiny 2 (2022)
Best for PvE & Gambit
- Age-Old Bond (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Last Wish.
- Chroma Rush (Kinetic) – Possible drop from opening Key Code Override chests & Splicer Umbral Engrams.
- False Promises (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
- Gnawing Hunger (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
- Hard Light (Energy, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Monte Carlo (Exotic, Kinetic) – Random rare exotic world drop.
- Reckless Oracle (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Seventh Seraph Carbine (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
- Scathelocke (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
- Shadow Price (Energy, Arc) – Possible drop from completing select Nightfall: The Ordeal strikes.
- Sorrow’s Verse (Energy, Arc) – Random world pool drop.
- The Last Breath (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the dunngeon, Prophecy
Gnawing Hunger is an excellent go-to option regardless of the event that you’re doing. It’s 600 RPM rifle, generally considered the sweet spot for many players, and has solid all-around stats with very nice possible perk combinations.
If you want a little better range and don’t mind a slower RPM, go with False Promises and Age-Old Bond both of which have very nice range and stability stats with good perks to roll for. On the other hand, Shadow Price returns from Destiny 1 and if you want a slower, harder-hitting auto it can be useful in PvE.
If you want to go a little more HAM with higher RPMs, definitely consider Reckless Oracle from the Garden of Salvation raid. In addition, you could also try grinding for Chroma Rush from Override. It also has a high RPM, and can also roll with some pretty solid and newer perks.
For exotics, you have a handful of options depending on the scenario. For Nightfalls consider Hard Light to make match game a joke. If you have a melee-focused build going, obviously bring Monte Carlo. If you’re raiding and want to primarily use an auto, Suros is the way to go there for its health regeneration and its ability to just shred through trash.
- Latest Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Trailer Teases Secrets Abound in Savathun’s Throne World
- New Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Trailer Shows Off More of Savathun’s Throne World & Lucent Hive
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen TGA 2021 Trailer Mixes Live-Action & Cinematic Gameplay to Show Just How Boned Guardians Are Next Year
- Destiny 2 Streamer Drops Sick Freestyles While Raking Up Kills in PvP
- Latest Destiny 2 TWAB Outlines Massive Subclass & Ability Changes for 30th Anniversary Event & Beyond