Final Fantasy XIV‘s Endwalker expansion is set to officially launch next week, but those who pre-ordered the game will be able to enjoy the early access launch on Friday instead. There are plenty of things to look forward to, and aside from the main story content, this expansion also sees the return of role quests, which replace individual job quests that we got before Shadowbringers. Here’s how to start the tank role quest in FFXIV Endwalker.
There are a total of five role quest types in Endwalker: tank, healer, ranged DPS, melee DPS, and magical DPS. You’ll be able to take on all of them, as long as you have a job that fits in each of those categories.
Starting Tank Role Quest in FFXIV Endwalker
To start the tank role quests, head to Radz-at-Han and speak with the Gridanian Delegate NPC at the coordinates X:7.6, Y:9.7.
At the time of writing, the only tank jobs available in the game are Paladin, Warrior, Dark Knight, and Gunbreaker.
You’ll reach Radz-at-Han simply by following the Endwalker main story quest, so don’t worry about missing it. The NPC will give you a quest called Shrouded in Peril, which introduces a new side story for you to follow alongside the main content. You’ll unlock more quests that continue this story, and you’ll also need to level up your job accordingly to take them on.
If Shadowbringers was any indication, it’s likely that you’ll need to complete the entire role quest line before you’re able to beat the story, so we recommend keeping up with them when you can. You only need to follow one quest line; it’s not necessary to do all five of them to beat the story.
That’s all you need to know about how to start the tank role quest in FFXIV Endwalker. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Giveaway – Win A Copy of the Expansion by Sharing Your Comments
- Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Soundtrack Trailer Celebrates The Expansion’s Wonderful Music
- Final Fantasy XIV Devs Will Share Plans for Post-Endwalker Future Before Patch 6.1
- Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Update 6.01 Patch Notes Revealed; Pandaemonium Raid Gear Revealed
- Final Fantasy XIV Players Will Get 7 Free Days Due to Endwalker’s Server Congestion Issues