Today Sega showcased future updates and content coming for its MMORPG Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis.
We start by taking a look at the AC scratch content and events coming in November, including an Attack on Titan collaboration event.
Next, we take a look at the previously teased major update titled “Sandstorm Requiem” releasing on December 15. It’ll include the Retem Region, new enemies, new characters, new class skills, a level cap raise, new elemental techniques, and Chapter 2 of the story.
We also meet the new characters Nadereh, Hadi, Jalil, and Mohsen. The Title system is also coming, even if most will start counting player achievements since the system’s implementation and not the launch of the game.
The new skills are as follows.
- Hunter Class will gain the ‘Sword Arts Change Avenger’ skill
- Fighter Class will gain the ‘Dagger Spin Axle’ skill
- Ranger Class will gain the ‘Spread Shot Wide Range’ skill
- Gunner Class will gain the ‘Rising Drive’ skill
- Force Class will gain the ‘Technique Domination’ skill
- Techter Class will gain the ‘Overemphasis’ skill
- Braver Class will gain the ‘Brave Spirit’ skill
- Bouncer Class will gain the ‘Blade Arts Parry’ skill
You can also check out a few screenshots of the update below.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
Recently, we learned that the game has passed 9 million registered users.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.