A couple weeks ago there was a leak that seemed to reveal a Smash Bros.-like platform fighting game using Warner Bros. characters. Today, in a first-look reveal trailer, MultiVersus has been fully revealed and we have gotten a look at some of the roster and gameplay.
Before we get to what the game looks like, let’s get to most important reason for why this game might stir up anticipation: the fighters. A character select screen gives us:
- Shaggy (Scooby Doo)
- Steven (Steven Universe)
- Garnet (Steven Universe)
- Harley Quinn (DC Comics)
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)
- Finn (Adventure Time)
- Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
- Jake (Adventure Time)
- Superman (DC Comics)
- Batman (DC Comics)
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Toons)
- Tom (Tom & Jerry)
Maps are also important, and a good bit of the trailer gives us many looks at a very cartoon-y look at the Batcave level, complete with Batmobiles.
Unlike other games in the platform fighter genre like Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl or Super Smash Bros., MultiVersus will be free-to-play.
MultiVersus also promises to be a more team-focused game with co-founder and game director Tony Huynh stating “we built the game from the ground up for teamwork and co-op to deliver a more unique experience we think players will enjoy.”
Characters will even be voiced by their most notable voice actors/actresses. In the trailer you can hear:
- Kevin Conroy as Batman
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- Tara Strong as Harley Quinn
- Matthew Lillard as Shaggy
MultiVersus promises cross-play and cross-progression, bringing with it “guilds and more social features.” You can probably expect some sort of Battlepass, as the trailer does show off unlockable skins. One such skin is the very cool Black Lantern Superman.
You can see the trailer for yourself here or below:
The trailer gives release information as simply “Coming 2022.” MultiVersus will be releasing on PS5/PS4, Xbox One/Series X|S, and PC.
For comparison, check out the reveal of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.
- Halo Infinite PSA: Campaign Cosmetic Armor Locker Bug Has Been Recognized; Fix Coming Soon
- With Loop Hero on Switch, I Have Finally Achieved Peak Couch Comfiness
- Nintendo Switch Adds Regional Most Played Section to eShop; Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Tops US List
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection PS5 Release Date & Details Announced
- The Matrix Resurrections Gets One More Epic Trailer Ahead of its Premiere