What If was a major departure from the typical live-action shows and films that Marvel fans have grown accustomed to over the last 13 years. The show had a bit of a rough start, but it certainly hit its stride as the season came to a close. Here are all of the episodes of What If ranked starting with the worst and wrapping up with the best offering of the season.
Spoiler Warning: Since this list will talk about every What If episode, there will be spoilers. If you don’t want to spoil the ending, then we suggest not reading about the episodes you haven’t watched yet. If you’ve watched every episode or don’t care about spoilers, enjoy.
9. What If… Captain Carter Were the First Avenger?
Peggy Carter is a fantastic character, and her relationship with Steve Rogers is one of the most wholesome in the MCU. However, this episode of What If is one of the least entertaining stories in this cinematic universe. It’s essentially the story of Steve Rogers as Captain America as we’ve already seen it, but with Peggy Carter as Captain Carter.
The fight sequences are the only redeeming bit of entertainment in this episode. The fact that What If is animated allows for Captain Carter’s herculean strength to shine through without looking as cheesy as some live-action superhero films and shows tend to. However, this episode falls short of the mark because it retreads too much familiar ground.
- How Well Do You Know What If? Take This Trivia Quiz to Find Out
- Brand New FIFA 21 Promo, What If, Starts This Week
- What If Fire Emblem: Three Houses Was a GBA Game?
- What If Breath of the Wild 2 Looked Like the Link’s Awakening Remake?
- What If Valve Made Portal 3 With the Super Mario 64 Engine?